How to save & keep my media library?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ineuw
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.04
Operating System: Windows 10, LM 19

How to save & keep my media library?

Postby ineuw » 13 Apr 2012 11:03

Each time I start VLC my previously selected media library entries disappear. Currently, I am using v2-0.1 TwoFlower, but loosing my selected folder has always been a problem in all previous versions. What am I doing wrong?

Win XP SP3
64bit VLC in Win 10 Pro, and Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.0.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: How to save & keep my media library?

Postby VLC_help » 13 Apr 2012 19:38

Media Library should be saved to ml.xspf which can be found from %appdata%\vlc and if the file is write protected, then VLC cannot overwrite it.

ineuw
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.04
Operating System: Windows 10, LM 19

Postby ineuw » 13 Apr 2012 19:50

Media Library should be saved to ml.xspf which can be found from %appdata%\vlc and if the file is write protected, then VLC cannot overwrite it.
Thanks for the reply. I found my folder listed in the Playlist, although I added it to the Media library. Now I am curious as to what process moved it to the Playlist. This is a folder named "Radio" on my computer, and contains six .pls files for internet radio stations. Was I doing something incorrectly?
64bit VLC in Win 10 Pro, and Linux Mint Cinnamon 21.0.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 15 Apr 2012 11:48

You can move items from Media Library to playlist by right clicking the item and selecting Add to playlist

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”