VLC 2.x subtitle problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Bertjuhh66
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC 2.x subtitle problem

Postby Bertjuhh66 » 03 Apr 2012 13:46

I was too early. Now at 4 minutes before the end of the episode the problem occurs...but my other computer with an Nvidia card had the same problems as before. There the install of the 64bits version doesn't solve the problem. I am going nuts here..:)

fullhd_fan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fullhd_fan » 30 May 2013 16:14

I have the same problem with my .ts files no matter whether they are SD or HD. I'm currently using 2.0.6 version and had the problem in the previous versions too, plus 2 other problems :

1. if Teletext subtitles are activated the video stutters when text lines appear, dissapear and change (only in full screen mode)

2. when i use "Teletext text subtitles" option from Preferences->input/codecs->Subtitles codecs->VBI and TXT decoder menu most of the lines do not appear or appear randomly, some have some weird character strings like "800 INS30", etc. and are not centered - but aligned to the bottom-left, altough the bottom side ( not bottom-left ! ) is selected in the "Text alignement" menu from above

fullhd_fan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fullhd_fan » 30 May 2013 16:22

I was too early. Now at 4 minutes before the end of the episode the problem occurs...but my other computer with an Nvidia card had the same problems as before. There the install of the 64bits version doesn't solve the problem. I am going nuts here..:)
Maybe you were not in the full screen mode in the beginning. When not in full screen mode it happens after about 20-30 mins to me, when in full screen mode after about 5 mins.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”