Crossbar Dialog Box

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
BlueCat57
New Cone
New Cone

Crossbar Dialog Box

Postby BlueCat57 » 20 Mar 2012 02:41

I am trying to get directly to the Crossbar dialogue box so that I can select my input. Is there a way to do that?

Once I select my input is there a way to make that my default input so that I don't have to select it every time by going through the Device Properties dialogue boxes?

Right now I get to it by, well I can't really tell you how. OK, here we go.
1. Open Capture Device
2. Advanced Options
3. Tick the Device Properties box
4. OK
5. Play
6. Click OK on a half dozen (actually 4, it just seems like more) dialog boxes until I get to the Crossbar one.
7. Select SVideo In for the input.
8. Tick the Link Related Streams box since I don't know what that does and can't find any documentation of it. I'm guessing it links the SVideo input with the Audio input since they are inputted via separate cables.

Thanks for the help. Of course as soon as I fix this my Hi8 camcorder will die. Right now it keeps binging at me.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Crossbar Dialog Box

Postby VLC_help » 20 Mar 2012 19:25

It might work from command-line if you use

Code: Select all

--dshow-video-input=<integer> Video input pin Select the video input source, such as composite, s-video, or tuner. Since these settings are hardware-specific, you should find good settings in the "Device config" area, and use those numbers here. -1 means that settings will not be changed.

Corm
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Crossbar Dialog Box

Postby Corm » 08 Sep 2016 16:01

I have this exact same problem. I can't get it to save so I don't have to select through it each time, when it does save, with the same options as I would put manully, it crashes with a c++ error when i try to stop the stream.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”