Speed Adjustment

Feature requests for VLC.
johngrey
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Speed Adjustment

Postby johngrey » 05 Mar 2012 03:05

One of my favorite extras on VLC was, that with one simply click, I could speed up anything 1,5times--- That is great for slow movies and especially some sports events... now it takes four clicks, and as my computer is connected to a large screen TV, I have to move to the TV, to be able to make the correct clicks....

Why was that feature removed? Or is still there somewhere in the changed toolbar at the bottom of VLC and I just cannot find it?

If not, can it be re-installed? I would hate to have to use an old version of VLC....

Thanks Baptiste. it still is the best player....

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Speed Adjustment

Postby VLC_help » 05 Mar 2012 19:11

You want the 1.00x stuff? (it can be added to any bar via Tools -> Customize interface...)

johngrey
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby johngrey » 06 Mar 2012 01:35

You want the 1.00x stuff? (it can be added to any bar via Tools -> Customize interface...)
Thank you, great, found it and attached it. I somehow could not find anything to attach that will show the actual speed, as the old toolbar used to. I would like that also back, but the world will not come to an end, if that no longer exists. Usually I only need the 150% speed...

Does that notifier still exist?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 06 Mar 2012 19:26

GaspingSpark
New Cone
New Cone

Postby GaspingSpark » 06 Mar 2012 20:41

In the Toolbars editor, there is a "Playback Speed" item in the "Toolbar Elements" window that will show the current playback speed.

johngrey
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby johngrey » 07 Mar 2012 04:08

In the Toolbars editor, there is a "Playback Speed" item in the "Toolbar Elements" window that will show the current playback speed.
As long as I can change it easily to 150% I am happy... The point is, that I after suffering through such changes for 3o years, I have become quite allergic against all these "improvements"... My point is, that I do not want spend my time clicking through several different pages or pop ups, just to achieve something, that was very easily does with one simply click, before someone came along and "improved" it.
In my experience there is hardly a single software around that does not suffer with nonsense like that.

:wink: :roll: :wink:

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”