What to do When Audio Stutters?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
abrogard
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

What to do When Audio Stutters?

Postby abrogard » 27 Feb 2012 13:41

The audio began to stutter on my VLC instal so I downloaded the latest version and it still happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled - it still happened. I uninstalled and went back to 1.1.9 and it still happens.

I can't think of anything I've installed on the computer recently that I haven't taken back out again. And can't think of anything I've installed that might affect how VLC plays sound..... but I haven't got the expertise to judge that anyway...

Are there any trouble shooting guidelines or perhaps lists of incompatibilities with VLC and other progs?

Perhaps a list of Windows components I could/should check?

Any help much appreciated. VLC is my main media prog, I'm accustomed to use only it.. having to go Media Player Classic now. Oh, yes, forgot to mention that aspect: every/any other player seems to perform fine. Still.

The files I use are mainly avi. flv and .tp

I'd imagine that's the big clue: only happens to VLC. What is that VLC does that no other audio prog does?

hasselcloud
New Cone
New Cone

Re: What to do When Audio Stutters?

Postby hasselcloud » 27 Feb 2012 14:40

PC-Doctor Hardware Diagnostic Tools Update HP Pavilion Elite m9441uk Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English)

Have you run this HP diagnostic?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: What to do When Audio Stutters?

Postby VLC_help » 27 Feb 2012 19:46

Does it help if you reset VLC settings by removing %appdata%\vlc folder?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”