Explain please

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
mesnyankin
New Cone
New Cone

Explain please

Postby mesnyankin » 16 Feb 2012 21:49

Hello Everyone! Sought in runet manual for VLC, but really found nothing. Information is either confusing or superficial. Of course, I will deal further, but I do not want to waste time (VLC suddenly will not work). So the question for those who are aware of. I want to install the streaming server, which would be broadcast on the Internet. There will be 6 channels eg sports, music, etc. The user visits the site and through jwplayer watching any of them. Can this VLC? I'm brand new in this business, so do not give up on the board. Which platform to choose? What is needed in the first place? Thanks in advance!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Explain please

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 16 Feb 2012 22:08

We understand nothing of what you are saying.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

mesnyankin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mesnyankin » 16 Feb 2012 22:55

Sorry! I'll try one more time. I'm from Russia.
I need to build a streaming server for broadcasting on the Internet. There will be 6 channels (sports, music, etc.) I want to users visited my site and through JWplayer could watch any of the channels. VLC can do that? I'm new, so need help. Which OS do better (Linux or Windows)? What is needed in the first place? Thanks in advance!

xomby
New Cone
New Cone

Postby xomby » 17 Feb 2012 04:12

mesnyankin, what kind of computer or server hardware do you have? Your answer will decide the fate of your project.
mesnyankin, какой вроде компьютер или оборудование сервера вы имеете? Ваш ответ решит судьбу вашего проекта.

If you have a huge budget, you can do anything. But if you have little money, and only the hardware laying around your office, we will need to know specifically what you have.
Если вы имеете огромный бюджетю, то вы можете сделать что-нибыдь. Но если вы имеете меньшие деньги, и только оборудование кладя вокруг вашего офиса, нам будет нужно знать специфически, то чего вы имеете.
"Yeah like the 'VLC staff' will surely be more motivated to work after freeloading users flame them." -Rémi Denis-Courmont

mesnyankin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mesnyankin » 17 Feb 2012 12:44

My server:
Chassis 4U Rackmount (648mm)Miditower
Intel® 5520 (Tylersburg IOH-36D) Server chipset
2 x CPU 2.13GHz Intel® Xeon® E5606 Westmere-EP QuadCore 4.8GT/s QPI, 8MB Smart cache
4 x DIMM 2048MB DDR-III PC3-10600 ECC
network adapter Intel® 82576 Gigabit LAN Network Interface Controller w/VMDq support
network adapter Intel® 82576 Gigabit LAN Network Interface Controller w/VMDq support
Video Matrox® G200eW integrated Graphics Controller supported by the Winbond® WPCM450
controller SATA Intel® ICH10R 6-channel SATA-II 300 w/integrated chipset RAID 0/1/10 support
5.25" external DVD±RW 22xW/8xRW/16xR/40xW/32xRW/40xR
5.25" external HDD 2000GB SerialATA 7200rpm w/Swap
5.25" external HDD 2000GB SerialATA 7200rpm w/Swap
HotSwap disk subsystem SAS / SATA (up to 8 drives with hot-swappable)
Management IPMI® v2.0 Server Management + KVM-over-LAN and virtual media support w/dedicated LAN
+I have the amount of about 4000 eur. But I hope to collect more money.

What can you say about that?

mesnyankin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mesnyankin » 22 Feb 2012 00:02

Most likely I need RTSP-channel. VLC not supported RTSP?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”