TV Playlist

Just have a drink and chat
IanMc
New Cone
New Cone

TV Playlist

Postby IanMc » 23 Dec 2011 16:53

Hi everyone.

I would like to have searched for the exact term "tv playlist" in the forums but putting the words in quotes doesn't work and I get zillions of hits about 'playlist'

I found that VLC can accept a playlist which is xml in a text file with the extension of .xspf

It is really cool as all you have to do is to drag the playlist onto VLC and it shows you a list of all the TV channels that you can double-click on to play.

Searching the internet I found a couple of these playlists but I only found two actual live streaming tv 'channels' that worked and all the others had expired.

Is there an up-to-date TV Playlist for VLC anywhere?

I would think that this subject alone (playlists) should warrant its own segment in the forums.

Best regards and Merry Christmas

IanMc

IanMc
New Cone
New Cone

Re: TV Playlist

Postby IanMc » 23 Dec 2011 17:36

After a little experimentation I have found that the playlist file does not need to be in XML format and does not need to have the .xspf extension, you can leave it as .txt

As an example, if you make a new text file (in windows explorer you can right-click in a folder and choose 'new text file') I have called mine Current.txt

Then put these two lines of text in it:

mms://stream1.france24.yacast.net/f24_liveen
mms://live1.wm.skynews.servecast.net/skynews_wmlz_live300k

Then save it.

When you then drag this file onto the VLC player it will attempt to connect to the first one in the list and will automatically move on to the next one if it can't connect.

You can then open the playlist window by either clicking on the playlist button in VLC or press Ctrl L and here you can see the individual 'channels' and can choose one by double-clicking on it.

Now we just need more live TV streams that work :)

IanMc

IanMc
New Cone
New Cone

Re: TV Playlist

Postby IanMc » 23 Dec 2011 18:08

As an addendum to my addendum, I'm addenduming all over the place here!

It looks like a possible great way to get more working live TV streams might be to install URL Snooper!

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/M ... index.html

Then visit some free TV websites and see which URLs pop up.

Please post any working live TV streams that you find on here and don't forget to tick 'Do not automatically parse URLs' before you submit your post so that we can see the exact URLs

Best Regards

IanMc

Return to “Coffee Corner”