VLC opens fullscreen

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
iamgretzky
New Cone
New Cone

VLC opens fullscreen

Postby iamgretzky » 12 Jul 2011 20:30

Hi. I use VLC player to watch videos and whenever I open a video, it opens in complete fullscreen(no margin or controls or anything) I have to reboot to close it. I tried cntrl-alt-delete every f key combo and nothing helped. I tried other video player(s) and they do the same.(Open complete fullscreen It use to work fine until yesterday when I upgraded to a bigger monitor(from 19" to 22" widescreen). Any suggestions?

hubschrauber
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC opens fullscreen

Postby hubschrauber » 20 Dec 2011 20:30

I know this post has been sitting here for a while, but it does not appear to have been answered and I just had to figure out the same issue.
Couldn't tell from the OP whether this question applies to VLC on Windows, but if it does, then...
  1. Select the VLC window (click somewhere within it to make it active or Alt-Tab to it.)
  2. Press Alt+Space to get to the context menu for the VLC window (or any other window for that matter).
  3. Press the "S" key to pick the "Size" option (at least on Win-7 and Win-XP it's "S") in the context menu.
  4. Press one of the scroll arrow keys to lock the sizing to one of the borders (up-arrow locks to the top border).
  5. Move the mouse around until you have the controls / menus back on the screen.
  6. Click a mouse button to release the lock on the window "Size" function.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”