Stretch Video in Windowed Mode

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
DeathJester
New Cone
New Cone

Stretch Video in Windowed Mode

Postby DeathJester » 24 Jul 2011 21:18

Hello. I am new to VLC, I switched because I was sick of trying to figure out what codecs I had/didn't have, which once were working, how to configure them blah blah blah, I just wanted to watch videos for crying out loud!

Aaaanyway, I have a question about VLC that I hope I can get an answer to:

I like to play my videos in windowed mode, but full-screen (does that make sense?). The problem is I always get black bars on the left and right of the video when in windowed mode. In proper fullscreen mode, those bars go away, so I think it has something to do with the border/interface. Is there a way to get a video to stretch to full screen when in windowed mode?

Hope someone can help

-DeathJester

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Stretch Video in Windowed Mode

Postby VLC_help » 25 Jul 2011 18:49

You can toggle autoscaling on/off with hotkey o.

DeathJester
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Stretch Video in Windowed Mode

Postby DeathJester » 04 Dec 2011 13:20

I know it's been a long time, but I've started trying to use VLC again.
Hitting 'o' does indeed turn off autoscaling, but the videos I am watching are kind of small (mostly pulled off YouTube) so they end up as a small picture in the middle of the screen.

Like I said on my first post, I think the interface is the problem - if I go into Minimal View Mode, a lot of the black bars go away. So I need to figure out a way to force the video to either ignore the interface and go behind it, or to stop forcing the aspect ratio and go full-width even if it means the picture is slightly stretched.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”