PoulDK
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Windows

Newbie copy select streams

Postby PoulDK » 09 Nov 2011 01:36

Hi,
I have spent approx 2 weeks on this, thinking I should be able to solve it, but... nop :oops:
soo... as a newbie I have this question, which I am sure sounds "simple" to most of you :wink:
I need to convert/copy .ts streams (NZ dvb recordings) which have 2 typicallities: multiple audio streams and time delayed audio; output can be either AVI or mpg (or .ts).
I understand it is al about demuxing, remuxing, upmuxing and anything related, but simple cant find the options to implictely delay a stream and do this is a single command.
So what I am seeking is the command string for a input.ts file, that select only the 1st stream (video) and the 3rd stream (AC3 audio), copies that to a single output file and add an delay to the stream.
Hope this sounds clear,and yes... I have spent just as much time on all kind of other tools (avidemux, virtualdub, etc, etc... in vane) but simply try to solve this with VLC, should be possible,
but my lack of experience in this area has lost me to get it solved :roll:
Thanks in advance for any advice
Rgrds Poul.

PoulDK
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Newbie copy select streams

Postby PoulDK » 21 Nov 2011 05:11

Have been watching this space for the past 2 weeks, elas without anyone responding;
so the conclusion would be that VLC is not able to selectively copy streams from 1 file to another!?

detlef
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby detlef » 21 Nov 2011 13:09

Have you tried MPEG Streamclip?

PoulDK
New Cone
New Cone

Postby PoulDK » 21 Nov 2011 21:07

Yep, tried that, as many others, but streamclip requires a qt module that also messess up my vista installation, so abandoned that;
however.. I just got an advise on how to use ffmpeg, so give that another try.
thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Return to “Coffee Corner”