Won't play from file location

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
DavidGZ
New Cone
New Cone

Won't play from file location

Postby DavidGZ » 04 Oct 2011 06:11

Hi- I'm not a techie- so I need answers in 3rd-grade English. I love the vlc player, so much more versatile than the others, but I encountered this problem today. Tried to play a DVD, with no success- the file on the disk wouldn't show up at all. And now, I can't play anything by clicking on the file location like before. I have to open vlc player, search for the file I want, then it will play, but it's a pain in the rear playing multiple small video clips, having to search for each and every one. I did a virus scan, uninstalled and reinstalled, and the problem remains. What to do??

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Won't play from file location

Postby VLC_help » 04 Oct 2011 15:44

For DVD issue, if Windows Explorer cannot show the discs content, VLC cannot playback it.

For file opening issue, did you try restart?

HAARP
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Won't play from file location

Postby HAARP » 04 Oct 2011 16:51

I have to open vlc player, search for the file I want, then it will play, but it's a pain in the rear playing multiple small video clips, having to search for each and every one. ?
Just put the desired files in one folder and set vlc as default player.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”