Ps3mediaserver: VLC as Client play-back

*nix specific usage questions
Zerias
New Cone
New Cone

Ps3mediaserver: VLC as Client play-back

Postby Zerias » 01 Oct 2011 17:28

I'm guessing this has been answered before by people, but I just can't find the answer.

I have the PS3MediaServer from http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/ installed on one computer. I am able to use my Playstation 3 to access that media server and browse / play media files.

According to documents scattered around the web I should be able to use VLC to -ALSO- browse / play media files. And yes, I can see PS3 Media Server [Li-Media] listed as a playlist candidate:

Additionally the PS3 Media Server itself detects when VLC has been started up:

Getting from this point to actually playing the media seems to be the sticking point. Double clicking on the PS3 Media Server does nothing to drill down and give me a list of the shared media files. Any ideas on what needs to be done next?

Zerias
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Ps3mediaserver: VLC as Client play-back

Postby Zerias » 01 Oct 2011 17:31

... and in the list of... okay... that's weird.

I've been messing around with this for a while now, reading docs, changing settings back and forth, even going to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling VLC, trying to figure out what to set. I just tabbed back into VLC and now it shows:

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: Ps3mediaserver: VLC as Client play-back

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 01 Oct 2011 22:10

Eh, is this VLC 1.1.11? UPnP support is flaky in VLC, especially in older versions.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”