Sub titles grayed out

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Kimmy
New Cone
New Cone

Sub titles grayed out

Postby Kimmy » 26 Jun 2005 20:23

Using iMac G5 running 10.4.1 and using VLC Version 0.8.2 and can't access any .srt sub title files ... these files worked fine until I started using OS 10.4 - is there a fix for this?

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: Sub titles grayed out

Postby fkuehne » 26 Jun 2005 21:16

Did you already reset your preferences?
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Kimmy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kimmy » 26 Jun 2005 21:51

Well in preferences under subtitles/OSD it is checked to autodetect subtitle files but it doesn't and it is grayed out even though there is an .srt file - do srt files not work? They used to fine under 10.3 but not using OS 10.4.

When I click on advanced it shows where I can browse for a subtitle which is blank and evn when I select the proper srt file the subtitle option is still grayed ou ... am at a total loss here.

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2005 10:24

Well in preferences under subtitles/OSD it is checked to autodetect subtitle files but it doesn't and it is grayed out even though there is an .srt file - do srt files not work? They used to fine under 10.3 but not using OS 10.4.

When I click on advanced it shows where I can browse for a subtitle which is blank and evn when I select the proper srt file the subtitle option is still grayed ou ... am at a total loss here.
Same problem. It worked fine for me until I upgraded to OS 10.4. DVD subtitles work fine, but srt files don't anymore. This seems to be a pretty common problem.

Kimmy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kimmy » 01 Jul 2005 12:39

I hope the developers see this and correct this bug - not sure who to tell or ask on this?

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 01 Jul 2005 15:47

All SRT subtitles that i have, work. If your SRT subtitles are not autodetected, then please put them online somewhere so that we can download them and test.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Kimmy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kimmy » 01 Jul 2005 15:57

I'd be happy to e-mail them to you or you can contact me at Kimmy@mn.rr.com - but honestly am not sure why they aren't working and I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks,

Kim

Kimmy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Kimmy » 05 Jul 2005 15:33

I got my first sub to work today which is a relief and then went to try another file and this is the error message I get:

main: slave[0] doesn't like DEMUX_GET_TIME -> EOF

and the subs won't work - not sure what this is about.

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2005 05:59

All SRT subtitles that i have, work. If your SRT subtitles are not autodetected, then please put them online somewhere so that we can download them and test.
I'm almost sure it's not an issue of the specific subtitles files. I'm having the same problem for every single srt file I can get my hands on, and files that worked before I upgraded to 10.4 no longer work.

I'm not sure if putting them online can help, and I don't have anywhere to host them, but I can email you one of the files that doesn't work if you can't get ahold of Kimmy.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”