Control Panel DOES NOT WORK

macOS specific usage questions
Marius
New Cone
New Cone

Control Panel DOES NOT WORK

Postby Marius » 28 Mar 2011 18:43

I just updated to the newest version of VLC, in hope of the problem being fixed. But it has not. And despite resetting all settings to default several times, I can´t use the buttons for pausing video, fast forwarding, skipping scenes and the rest of them.

The only thing that works is volume. And when I press the stop button, the video window disappears, but video counter is still active, as it seems to be playing somewhere else.

This goes for both the video overlay controls, the controls in the embedded tool frame around the video content, as well as the separate control panel window you can enable.

I can only use VLC for playing a video from start to finish now. And I´ve already deleted the whole thing and reinstalled it, with no results. Why can´t you PLEEEEAAAASE FIX THIS??????????????

I use Snow Leopard, newest version.

jurgen
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Control Panel DOES NOT WORK

Postby jurgen » 10 Apr 2011 19:08

I have the same Problem, recent updates did not change the situation.
Volume and switching from/to full screen mode works, so does size selection (Half, Double, ...) but none of the Playback-buttons (forward, back, stop, pause, ...) including the associated menu items or keyboard shortcuts work.

Mac OS X 10.6.7,
VLC Version 1.1.8 The Luggage (Intel 64bit)

jurgen
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jurgen » 12 Apr 2011 21:23

The issue persists with VLC Version 1.1.9 (Intel 64 bit)

kdean
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.2
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby kdean » 12 Apr 2011 23:40

Those buttons work for me under 10.5.8 PPC with VLC 1.1.9. So maybe it's a Snow Leopard and/or intel thing or 64-bit thing. Have you tried the 32-bit only version to see if it works any different?

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 13 Apr 2011 10:00

Works as expected for me on all 3 platforms. Please remove the following from your Preferences folder: a folder called org.videolan.vlc, a file named org.videolan.vlc.plist and in case it exists, a folder named "VLC". Close VLC prior to doing so and try again afterwards.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Rukyr99
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Rukyr99 » 20 Jun 2011 12:37

Thanks Felix Paul Kuehne, that worked for me. I've had this problem for almost a year and you gave the solution....many thanks....

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”