Change the pixel ratio while trancoding

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
zozizozu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Change the pixel ratio while trancoding

Postby zozizozu » 09 May 2011 15:58

Hi all.
I'm trying to transcode some videos so they have exactly the same codec, aspect ratio etc...
I'm using

Code: Select all

vlc 45b2404483.mp4 -I dummy --aspect-ratio 4/3 --monitor-par 4/3 --autoscale --noaudio --no-sout-audio --sout '#transcode{width=384,height=288,deinterlace,vcodec=theo,vb=1200,fps=25,acodec=vorb,ab=128,channels=2}:std{access=file,mux=ogg,dst=conv/45b2404483.ogv,noaudio}' vlc://quit
, but some files have a pixel-ratio=1, and some are 1.33, so finaly the "information" said resolution : 384x288 for each files, but they don not have the same size .
It looks --monitor-par does not influence the pixel size, so i'm wandering if ther's a way to force the pixel aspect ratio when transcoding ?

Thanks

zozizozu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Change the pixel ratio while trancoding

Postby zozizozu » 17 May 2011 09:46

Hi again.
It's 3 days i'm searching but can not find the way to modifie the size of the pixels.
I'm really surprise because the pixel aspect ratio is one of the main component of a video software.
I can't beleive that i'm the 1rst to ask such a question, so i beleive i'm not asking in a proper way ( not easy for me to speak english).
So if someone understand what i'm talking about, please help me to search/ask on these forums ...
Thanks

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”