Very BASIC VLM Setup, HELP?

Discussion about configuration and usage of VLM (a stream scheduler) within VLC.
copekyle
New Cone
New Cone

Very BASIC VLM Setup, HELP?

Postby copekyle » 30 Apr 2011 04:01

So I've been working on this for three days and have hit a wall and don't know what to do. I am using the latest VLC 1.1.9 on windows XP. I am trying to setup up a Mosaic Bridge to display UDP videos locally in one instance of VLC. I understand to start small and so I have been trying to put together a Mosaic of two videos and I still can't get it to display. I have tried the VLM Configuration GUI and can "create" a VLM config file and hit the play button on each "Broadcast" feed and nothing happens. So I tried writing my own config file consisting of every piece of code I could find on this forum and elsewhere.

I tried starting through the gui and I also tried starting from these run commands:
"C:\program files\videolan\vlc.exe" --vlm-conf "c:\vlc.vlm"
"C:\program files\videolan\vlc.exe" --vvv --vlm-conf "c:\vlc.vlm"
"C:\program files\videolan\vlc.exe" -I telnet --vlm-conf "c:\vlc.vlm"

None of these start anything. I then hit ctrl-m to see the log, set verbosity to 2 and the log shows nothing.

I can view each UDP stream individually and have been doing that until I can get this up and running.

Can anyone show me a SIMPLE VLM conf with two UDP videos and a background image in the C: that works for them? And also how they invoke it using the run command?

I know I might be asking a lot but I've thrown everything I have at this and don't know where else to go. If I can't get help here the I'll probably have to scrap the project and buy something to do this for me. Once I do get this working, I will put together a sticky and try and give back to the forum so this problem is solved (at least in version 1.1.9)

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

copekyle
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Very BASIC VLM Setup, HELP?

Postby copekyle » 30 Apr 2011 04:05

Oh yes, lets say, for the sake of coding, that my UDP video addresses are 192.168.1.11:2000 and 192.168.1.12:2000 and my local machine is 192.168.1.5 (these are not the actual addresses but it will give a place holder in the conf file).

Sébastien Escudier
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: linux

Postby Sébastien Escudier » 02 May 2011 08:25

show you vlm files.
And if you want to see the debug, first start vlc, then open the message window and set verbosity to 2, and then load your vlm file with the gui.

copekyle
New Cone
New Cone

Postby copekyle » 04 May 2011 01:44

Alright. I finally got my video files to display correctly. Here is the code:

Code: Select all

################################## ## HTTP interface mosaic wizard ## ################################## new cam1 broadcast enabled setup cam1 input C:\Users\Melissa\Videos\untitled.avi setup cam1 output #duplicate{dst="mosaic-bridge{id=1}", name="Test1"} new cam2 broadcast enabled setup cam2 input C:\Users\Melissa\Videos\bhs.avi setup cam2 output #duplicate{dst="mosaic-bridge{id=2}"} new cam3 broadcast enabled setup cam3 input C:\Users\Melissa\Documents\Downloads\Tangled.2010.DVDRip.XviD-ViP3R\Tangled.avi setup cam3 output #duplicate{dst="mosaic-bridge{id=3}"} new cam4 broadcast enabled setup cam4 input C:\Users\Melissa\Videos\The.Love.Guru[2008]DvDrip-aXXo\The.Love.Guru.avi setup cam4 output #duplicate{dst="mosaic-bridge{id=4}"} new mosaic broadcast enabled setup mosaic input fake:// setup mosaic option mosaic-width=1600 setup mosaic option mosaic-height=900 setup mosaic option mosaic-rows=2 setup mosaic option mosaic-cols=2 setup mosaic option mosaic-position=0 setup mosaic option mosaic-order="1,2,3,4" setup mosaic option fake-file="C:\Users\Melissa\Videos\back.jpg" setup mosaic option fake-caching=50 setup mosaic option fake-width=1600 setup mosaic option fake-height=900 setup mosaic option fake-fps="24" setup mosaic option fake-deinterlace setup mosaic output #transcode{deinterlace,sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp4v,vb=10000,acodec=none}:bridge-in{id-offset=100}:display control mosaic play control cam1 play control cam2 play control cam3 play control cam4 play
Now my next question, I would like to have an individual marquee for each video. I would like this marquee to be displayed even after the video is done playing. Basically I want to see the name as a place holder so I know which video is no longer playing. Is there a way to do this in coding? I found a way to put the Marquee on the whole Mosaic but not individually. Can I overlay one mosaic (with the titles I want) over the top of the video mosaic and adjust the transparency? What would be the best way to do this?

Kyle

Manu
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Manu » 16 Dec 2013 12:05

Hi,

If that helps, here is my config which works fine for me using VLC 2.0.7 and 4 UDP streams.

CLI:
====
vlc.exe --vlm-conf=C:\CONFIG.vlm --mosaic-height=220 --mosaic-width=391 --mosaic-rows=3 --mosaic-cols=3 -I dummy

CONFIG.vlm file:
===============
# VLC media player VLM command batch
# http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

del all

new channel1 broadcast enabled
setup channel1 input "udp://@239.5.2.1:5000"
setup channel1 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=1,height=90,width=160},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=1}}
setup channel1 option network-caching=1000

new channel2 broadcast enabled
setup channel2 input "udp://@239.5.2.2:5000"
setup channel2 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=2,height=90,width=160},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=2}}

new channel3 broadcast enabled
setup channel3 input "udp://@239.5.2.3:5000"
setup channel3 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=3,height=90,width=160},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=3}}

new channel4 broadcast enabled
setup channel4 input "udp://@239.5.2.4:5000"
setup channel4 output #duplicate{dst=mosaic-bridge{id=4,height=90,width=160},select=video,dst=bridge-out{id=4}}

new background broadcast enabled
setup background input "file:///C:\background.png"
setup background option image-duration=-1
setup background output #transcode{sfilter=mosaic,vcodec=mp4v,vb=512,scale=1}:bridge-in{delay=400,id-offset=100}:display

control background play
control channel1 play
control channel2 play
control channel3 play
control channel4 play

Return to “VLM”