Tiger, nightly build, and new windows popping up

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
clarkdv
New Cone
New Cone

Tiger, nightly build, and new windows popping up

Postby clarkdv » 28 May 2005 19:45

I'm running Tiger (10.4.1) on a 1GHz TiBook with 1GHz RAM. both 8.1 AND the new nightly builds (May 27 and 28) are doing these 2 things that make VLC unusable.

1) Randomly during playback of a bin/cue file, another video window opens but it will be blank, completely black. The movie continues to play in the first window. This additional window will be on top of the first window forcing you to click on the first window to see the movie again. Closing the new window makes ALL video windows close and stops playback. During the course of an hour of viewing between 6 and 9 new windows will open.

2) There is no audio when playback is begun, you have to go to Audio and choose Track 2 and then audio is restored.

Workaround

Postby Guest » 31 May 2005 20:25

I just learned that I can use Toast to open cue/bin files and then save it as a disk image. Now I just mount the disk image and have QuickTime play the movie! Works perfectly.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 31 May 2005 21:31

The .cue file probably didn't contain relative pathname to the .bin file or something and VLC cannot do that itself.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

clarkdv
New Cone
New Cone

Postby clarkdv » 04 Jun 2005 00:44

You're joking, right? Why would that make VLC open a new, empty window while it continues to play the correct movie file flawlessly in the original window?

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 04 Jun 2005 01:46

Yes it is an explenation. If VLC cannot recognize the .bin .cue pair as VCD, then it tries the next best thing which is plain MPEG. However the .bin file is NOT plain mpeg. it has all kinds of VCD specific information that makes it work as a VCD.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”