how to make the window smaller? 1.1.3

macOS specific usage questions
autobot85
New Cone
New Cone

how to make the window smaller? 1.1.3

Postby autobot85 » 14 Oct 2010 20:30

Hi,
I'm using vlc 1.1.3 on a mac. On older versions, I could make the window as small as I wanted, now it only goes as small as half size. It doesn't matter if I try and resize it manually by clicking and dragging the corner. Does anyone know a way around this? Making it teeny tiny makes it easier to keep up as I'm working.
Thanks

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: how to make the window smaller? 1.1.3

Postby fkuehne » 17 Oct 2010 12:31

In current versions of VLC, you cannot shrink the video output window below a certain size because of the controller shown at the bottom. The previous behavior lead to drawing issues in the past.

However, you can disable the controls in the video output window in VLC's preferences ("Interface" category -> "Add controls to the video window") to work-around this limitation.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

pepo.k
New Cone
New Cone

Re: how to make the window smaller? 1.1.3

Postby pepo.k » 26 Feb 2011 18:41

In current versions of VLC, you cannot shrink the video output window below a certain size because of the controller shown at the bottom. The previous behavior lead to drawing issues in the past.

However, you can disable the controls in the video output window in VLC's preferences ("Interface" category -> "Add controls to the video window") to work-around this limitation.
Hi Fkuehne,

where exactly can I disable "the controls in the video window" in 1.1.7? I was searching, but I cannot find such setting under Interface category.

thanks

pepo

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”