VLC Loading and Direct3D Output error

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
DrunkenWeasel
New Cone
New Cone

VLC Loading and Direct3D Output error

Postby DrunkenWeasel » 26 Oct 2010 22:22

I just upgraded to version 1.1.4 and I am experiencing some technical problems I can find a cure for in the forums. When I double-click on a multimedia file (audio or video) nothing happens. I notice VLC loads in my Task Manager but has no activity taking place. I double click the file again and the file starts to play in a window labeled "VLC (Direct3D output)" but has no controls or menu items available. After about 30 seconds a second window opens with the controls available and the VLC icon in the display panel. I can then close the window playing the video and click the play button on the window with controls and the video plays correctly in that window along with all controls. The irritating part is, I have to wait for 30 seconds before I can adjust volume or move file to desired location. The Direct3D window does not allow a right click or any functionality until the second window with controls finally loads. I've tried to change Preferences to change video output to no avail and problem is also happening in audio output. Any help would be appreciated.

secathom
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VLC Loading and Direct3D Output error

Postby secathom » 28 Oct 2010 11:49

Hi,

as u said
I just upgraded to version 1.1.4
did u reset all your pref related to your old version?? Ur first prob sounds like u have Minimal view mode ticked. Normally a window pops up with the label Direct3D output as u have minimal view enabled. I guess ur second window comes along as u click ur file the second time. But the startup of your files is really slow. Try to reset pref if possible, or try to disable Minimal view mode.

regards,

secathom

bensmithson
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC Loading and Direct3D Output error

Postby bensmithson » 09 Jul 2012 15:27

i have the same problem. Even if i re install an earlier copy of Vlc it still opens as VLC (Direct3d Output) ,with no controls or options so i cant get into setting to change anything . Totally stuck with this ???

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”