Use my windows mobile phone as headset

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
IanMc
New Cone
New Cone

Use my windows mobile phone as headset

Postby IanMc » 22 Oct 2010 19:16

Hi all, I am trying to setup VLC to stream all audio (only) so that I can use my windows mobile phone and its earphones as a wireless headset.

on my wireless lan the pc has the IP address of 192.168.0.2 and my windows mobile phone has the IP address of 192.168.0.3

These are the steps I am attempting with VLC

Media/Streaming/Capture Device
Capture Mode = DirectShow
Video device name None
Audio device name Standard I have also tried 'Stereo Mix(C-Media PCI Audio D' (betcha' that last bit would say 'Device' if there was room)
Press Stream button now I have a Source screen where it says:
Source: dshow://
Type: dshow
I don't know what this means so I leave it as is, then press Next to go to the Destinations screen where I add a new destination of type HTTP, change the port to 80 and the path to /go.mp3
I leave Activate Transcoding checked (not sure what this is) then choose Audio - MP3 from the Profile dropdown, then when I press Stream it says it is streaming

I open Windows media player on my windows mobile device, choose add URL and type http://192.168.0.2/go.mp3 and get the error message "Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

I'm probably doing something silly but it seems that one needs a doctorate in computer science to set this all up.

Any chance of some walkthroughs ?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

ian

IanMc
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Use my windows mobile phone as headset

Postby IanMc » 27 Oct 2010 01:26

Ok, no takers so far, let me simplify the scenario to see if anyone can help.

How would I simply stream all audio from my PC?

Never mind about which device will be receiving the stream, it could be another PC but what are the settings I would need to stream all audio from my PC?

TIA, Ian

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”