Dell Quickset - Volume Control

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
hippybob
New Cone
New Cone

Dell Quickset - Volume Control

Postby hippybob » 27 Sep 2010 17:01

Hi,
I'm having a weird problem. I recently reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1545 and when I use Quickset to change the volume it adjusts the system volume AND vlc's volume at the same time. Also, play/stop in vlc responds to the play/pause Quickset keys but I just use space bar for this and can be quite annoying set up like this. How can I stop vlc from responding to the Quickset keys? I can't see any where in Quickset to change this and I have tried deleting the hotkeys in vlc but it made no difference.
Thanks

ekrane
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Dell Quickset - Volume Control

Postby ekrane » 10 Oct 2010 16:24

Hi. I am having the same problem on my Dell Inspiron 1318. Have you found out how to fix this? Quite annoying thing....

hippybob
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Dell Quickset - Volume Control

Postby hippybob » 12 Oct 2010 01:14

No I haven't solved this yet, it's driving me mad. I will try uninstalling both programs and see if that makes any difference. The annoying thing is that this wasn't happening with the previous windows installation.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”