How to veiw on the big screen

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
cicsy
New Cone
New Cone

How to veiw on the big screen

Postby cicsy » 11 Aug 2010 23:36

Hi, very simply I`m looking for anyone to give instruction on how to veiw the content on my big screen tv. I`m sure this wont be as easy as it sounds which is why i`ve come here looking for answers. As you can probably tell I`m a bit of a novice who`s tired of watching my movies on the laptop, any detailed advice would be gratefully accepted. Many Thanks, cicsy :? :?

dragonAMD
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to veiw on the big screen

Postby dragonAMD » 12 Aug 2010 00:27

Well this has nothing to do with Vlc ...
But if your on a laptop i suggest you just hook up ur tv to you laptop threw s-video cable, much better would be Dvi cable but since you gave us very lil info to go on.. it hard to help you out.

question for you
have you ever hook up A computer to a t.v?
what kind of tv do you have lcd( flat screen) older ctr?
what kind of connection do you have on that tv? s-video? dvi? hdmi ?

Once you hook it up to you t.v your laptop should recognize it right away as new display, then you can just move vlc on too that screen and enjoy your movie :P

cicsy
New Cone
New Cone

how to veiw on the big screen

Postby cicsy » 12 Aug 2010 23:38

Hi, thanks for the reply and I`m sorry for being so vague so I`ll try to elaborate a little. Firstly I posted on here as I use vlc to veiw all my content on my laptop, I have used an s-video to s-video cable to link the laptop to the tv(panasonic plasma) however the laptop did not recognise it as you suggest and the tv screen doesnt mirror the laptop as I`d hoped. The only thing I`ve tried is going through the av options on the remote for the tv but without success. As I understood it all I would have to do is hook up the s-video cable and also the audio one to get the sound through my tv speakers but as yet no picture and no sound!

dragonAMD
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: How to veiw on the big screen

Postby dragonAMD » 22 Aug 2010 10:45

ok next step i can think of of.. is to force the detection of your tv.. now this depends on your graphics card if its ati just right click on your desktop and click on ati catalyst then go to display you should see it there.. for Nvidia should be similar

i find it odd that your plasma tv does not have a dvi or analog connection this normally make the detection part much easier
also you have better luck at other forums.. guru3d, overclock.net, tech-forums.net... goodluck sorry for the delay in the reply i don`t come here very often

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”