Whither Media Library?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
OliverSudden
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Whither Media Library?

Postby OliverSudden » 04 Aug 2010 14:39

I may be the only one that uses this feature (judging by how many others have posted similar problems) but VLC 1.1.2 crashes any time I make an attempt to add a folder to the Media Library. I'm using Win 7 64. I opted to send a crash report, which was offered directly after the crashes...in fact I sent a few of them. :( Before that, 1.1.1 often would mix up all the Media Library files together, even though "display playlist tree" was selected in preferences.

So, is Media Library a feature that's being dropped and you forgot to update the UI elements or something?

Unrelated to that, why would a "font cache" be important to a video player? I might understand if you guys made a Word clone and you had to label the cache something. But a video player? Font cache? Like a nun, I don't get it. I'm sure there's a good reason to have to build this cache each time you wish to play a video but is it really for fonts?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Whither Media Library?

Postby VLC_help » 04 Aug 2010 15:58

Folder crash should be fixed in VLC 1.1.3

Font cache is required because some MKV files have very font heavy A SS subtitle files.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”