Almost a new commer with some issues

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
magoood
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Almost a new commer with some issues

Postby magoood » 29 Jun 2010 23:24

Hi
I tried this player a bit long time ago but I didn't like it at that time but now I think it is doing pretty well especially that it plays mov files very well while WMP 12 (the one that is on Windows 7 x64) refuses to play the same files for some mysterious reason despite installing the mega version of K-lite codec pack. I have some annyoying issues though:

1. When playing some mov files, a mysterious window pops up titled "vlc (direct 3d output)" which is blank and colored in white. I really don't know what that is and why it pops up like that?

2) Building font cache every time I stop a video and play it again using the stop button. Again, I don't know what that is and why it is wasting my time waiting for about a minute or so waiting for my video to played again!!

3) I have a screen capture program that I use for all my programs, is there any way to allow VLC to allow me to take screenshots using an external program (P.S. I disabled overlays in windows media player in order to successfully take screen shots of any video played inside windows media player)

4) Is there a way to make the playlist show the saved playlists without having to open them every time the program is re-launched? I used to have that in windows media player where all playlists are already populated in the program and ready for me to use anytime without having to open them from disk everytime I need them.

5) I believe this program can play almost all video files without me having to install any additional codec so if this is the case, is there anyway to have the thumbnail view which I used to have when I install k-lite codec pacK without actually installing this pack?

Thanks and sorry for the too many complaints and questions, I really wish I can use this program for all video and audio needs.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Almost a new commer with some issues

Postby VLC_help » 30 Jun 2010 00:48

1. Your .mov files have multiple video/image tracks. VLC will play them all automatically.
2. You have cache files in %appdata%\vlc ?
3. Disable overlay or change VOUT
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-1.0 ... _output.3F
4. Media library can store files permanently.
5. VLC doesn't provide any Windows Explorer stuff, so NO.

magoood
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby magoood » 02 Jul 2010 12:01

1. Your .mov files have multiple video/image tracks. VLC will play them all automatically.
Thanks for the answers and I think I comprehended all of them except the first one concerning that silly window that keeps on poping onto my face and requires me to hold the mouse to minimize it to get it out of my way. I really do no why it is appearing if Windows Media Player show the same exact files without extra windows opened?!

The problem is that I have a bunch of mov files in my playlist and when one video finishes and the next one starts playing, this extra window gets into my face hindering me from a smooth watching because I have to interfere and get it out of my way in order to see the video being played. This is not really convenient and still do not understand why VLC can't just play the files without this useless extra window???!!!

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 02 Jul 2010 16:23

VLC is programmed to play all video/image track automatically. Currently there isn't any way to change this.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”