Durning to DVD

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
LozzaMac
New Cone
New Cone

Durning to DVD

Postby LozzaMac » 30 Mar 2005 21:55

I'm downloaded version 0.8.1 today because I couldn't play an avi file in Quicktime. My operating system is Mac OSX 10.3.8 and I have Quicktime 6.5. Which is the best output to convert to DVD using Toast Titanium 6?Is there a step by step guide I can follow? I had a go today but toast seems to get so far encoding the DVD then makes no progress

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Re: Durning to DVD

Postby fkuehne » 31 Mar 2005 00:49

This has been discussed a million times at least. Please have a look at the following wiki-page written by markfm. It describes everything in detail. The syntax is windows-centric, but you can also enter these options in the Stream-Output-Panel of the OSX-port. Once you created the MPG-file, you'll need to use Toast or iDVD of course instead of the following apps in this text.

Note that you should use a current nightly build to do that, because the PS-muxer wasn't that good in previous versions afair.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

LozzaMac
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LozzaMac » 31 Mar 2005 14:36

I'm sorry if this isuue has been raised a million times but its obviously important to lots of people and I'm new to this. I read the guide you referred to before I tried converting to AVI to a DVD compatible format. I did find the guide window centric but it also assumed a certain level of understanding.

I could not find the audio option referred to wp2a or something like that in my version of VLC so I had to choose the other audio option. I tried buring the file to create DVD video using Toast but after about 10 hrs it stopped after half way. I don't know why but I would like to evenutally to be able to create DVDs with VLC and I was hoping that someone in this forum would help me achieve this minor ambition.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 31 Mar 2005 16:35

Just to get this clear.
Video encoding as a subject requires some sort of knowledge. It's just NOT easy.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 31 Mar 2005 16:48

I put in the sample command line, on the wiki, to try and give a clear idea of what it should look like.

Sorry I couldn't give a Mac or Linux version of that line, since I don't use those OS'.

If someone using the other OS' could add the proper command line syntax to use, in the wiki, that would be great. Also, suggesting the proper tools, as I tried to do for Windows, would be excellent.

You definitely need a current nightly build, or to compile one if you use Linux, in order to get updated MPEG PS.

Good luck!

Postby Guest » 31 Mar 2005 20:27

Thanks for your help. I'll keep experimenting until I get it right.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”