OS X: Running a movie split on both displays

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
emileej
New Cone
New Cone

OS X: Running a movie split on both displays

Postby emileej » 28 Mar 2005 22:25

Hi. I run a dual display setup and it burnss uss every time I put on a movie and have to turn off the other display. Is it possible to create a VLC feature/plugin that split the movie right down the middle and display each half on each of the screens or will this be too hard in the proccessor?

Setup: VLC 0.8.1 playing div-x / DVD in OS X 10.3.8 on a dual G5 (version 2.2) 2ghz.
- AngryAnt
angryant.com

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 29 Mar 2005 22:11

It's called the wall filter and already exists.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

emileej
New Cone
New Cone

Postby emileej » 30 Mar 2005 00:06

Thanks, but how do I use it?
- AngryAnt
angryant.com

emileej
New Cone
New Cone

Postby emileej » 30 Mar 2005 00:27

Ok I got it split in two now, but how do I set each to be fullscreen on its own screen?
- AngryAnt
angryant.com

emileej
New Cone
New Cone

Postby emileej » 30 Mar 2005 01:22

Also - I would like to be able to set the two video feeds to be aligned towards the center of the setup, that is right and left aligned. Is that possible?
- AngryAnt
angryant.com

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 30 Mar 2005 01:46

this last feature has been implemented since 0.8.1 was released. There are still no support for distributing the parts automatically though

emileej
New Cone
New Cone

Postby emileej » 30 Mar 2005 12:52

The alignment of the video feeds have already been implemented? If so, then how do I apply it on both feeds? I found some setting called allignment in the video settings, but it does not seem to affect either of the feeds and also I cannot see how I could get the wanted result with this setting.

So running both feeds in fullscreen on their own display is not possible yet?
- AngryAnt
angryant.com

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 30 Mar 2005 13:28

the alignment thingy has been implemented since 0.8.1 was released. To test it, download a nightly build from download.videolan.org/~videolan

To fullscreen both part on the two separate displays you need to manually move each part to the right display before fullscreening it. At least this works on other oses than os x, and I don't have a mac to confirm with.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby The DJ » 30 Mar 2005 16:17

Actually alignment might not be supported in the osx video output. And dual fullscreen probably doesn't work either.

emileej
New Cone
New Cone

Postby emileej » 30 Mar 2005 17:14

Sigmund << I tried getting the latest nightly build, but the version I got had no way to turn on the wall filter, the alignment feature was still as it is now - like it is only for one window, and finally it wouldnt save any of my settings. I know its a work in progress - I probably just came in at a bad time.

Sigmund << Moving the windows to the correct screens and hitting command+F was my first thought. However this only sets the one window into fullscreen on its monitor (which is the one selected in the "Video -> Video device" menu).

The DJ << No it does not work in the latest release and, for reasons mentioned above, I was unable to test it in the latest nightly build. Is it possible for you to hint me with a timeline for the implementation of these features? If their implementation is planned, that is.

Best regards

Emil
- AngryAnt
angryant.com

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby The DJ » 31 Mar 2005 16:13

The timeline for any feature in OSX, is "whenever I have time".
A lot depends on my timetable, and it's pretty full, so OS X development is slow.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”