album/artist picture

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
geon
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

album/artist picture

Postby geon » 22 Jun 2010 19:50

Is it possible for vlc to automatically download from net and show picture(s) of album/artist of a song that is just playing?
Sorry if this is stupid question - i have been really searching this forum ....

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Re: album/artist picture

Postby Arite » 22 Jun 2010 20:04

Have you tried VLC 1.1.0? When you first start VLC you are asked if you want VLC to allow fetching media from the internet. Then if you are, for example, playing an audio file (tagged correctly with Album information) then VLC should automatically search and find album art for that album. You can then display the art by going to "View >> Playlist" or "Tools >> Media Information". Alternatively just scale VLC so that the Video region is displayed and that should have the album art in it.

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

geon
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby geon » 22 Jun 2010 21:11

Yes, that's it, thank you. Anyway - how should look like the name of folder/song (tagged correctly with Album information) to get info/pics? Just a link would be OK.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Postby Arite » 22 Jun 2010 21:42

Well the lua script which fetches the album art information will try different things if there is e.g. no artist information. Providing you have both an Artist and an Album in the meta information (i.e. what is displayed in "Tools >> Media Information") then VLC should find the artwork for it.

For example the following:

Worked fine (hence the album artwork).

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”