Dreambox 7000 S with VLS (multicast)

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
Skydiver

Dreambox 7000 S with VLS (multicast)

Postby Skydiver » 08 Jan 2004 16:42

I configured VLS for multicast and it works perfectly for local files, stored on hard disk.

I want to recieve stream from DreamBox and multicast it to the users (I have Amino Set-to-box).

What configuration I must put on VLS server? I can see nothing about recieving stream from another IP.

What is the feature called Ngrab in Dreambox? Can it help to solve a problem?

JethroTul

Postby JethroTul » 08 Jan 2004 19:31

do you mean you can watch divx or svcd on dreambox HD ?

nope

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2004 07:55

do you mean you can watch divx or svcd on dreambox HD ?
No, I can watch films stored on VLS server HDD. I want to recieve stream from Dreambox and multicast to clients.

scoobie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby scoobie » 14 Jan 2004 19:54

Enter the network location as http://ip of dreambox:31339/vpid,apid this should result in a stream received by VLS or VLC but it won't display it...

Confruo

Postby Confruo » 18 Jan 2004 14:07

The way i got this to work, is by following some guidelines I found in one of the DreamBox Fora.

Something with how to watch by using mediaplayer on a PC.

They stated, install the Elecard Mpeg2 Player, and the WinGrabE application.

Start the WinGrab, point to the Dreambox IP port 31337, fill in VPID and APID for the channel you want to grab ( as seen in the http page under "si" of the Dreambox ).

Then start mediaplayer point to the url mms:localhost:31337, i think even mms://localhost:31337/start.mpg, and you are watching that channel.

Now, when u use the VLC instead of media player, just do the same, and for stream-output, click on the transcoding options, and select eg WMV2 for the video codec, and mp3 for audio

I just got the dreambox this week btw, What a machine :-)

Re: Dreambox 7000 S with VLS (multicast)

Postby Guest » 27 Mar 2006 18:32

I configured VLS for multicast and it works perfectly for local files, stored on hard disk.

I want to recieve stream from DreamBox and multicast it to the users (I have Amino Set-to-box).

What configuration I must put on VLS server? I can see nothing about recieving stream from another IP.

What is the feature called Ngrab in Dreambox? Can it help to solve a problem?

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”