.TP file minor bug

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Sone
New Cone
New Cone

.TP file minor bug

Postby Sone » 20 Mar 2010 02:56

Hey guys, I'm asking about why when I play this .TP file of a 1080p HD video, the video around movements are full of lines or barred, as if it has TOO much resolution.
The whole video is like 1gb for only about 4 minutes.
But when I play the video on Windows Media Player, there are no such lines around the movements of the dancers.
I don't think it has anything to do with my computer, does it? Considering it worked perfect on my WMV.
I find it annoying to switch media players, I just like sticking to one, especially VLC, because it is versatile, being able to play many kinds of videos.
That's all I can provide, and if someone insists on trying to help me solve this problem (maybe not) somehow, you can PM me about it and I could send you the links to the download of this video? Or you could just tell me what's wrong. I don't know.
As I said, this video is 1GB, so it might be a commitment for whoever would help. :D

Thanks!

Zap250
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: .TP file minor bug

Postby Zap250 » 01 Apr 2010 23:41

Have you tried the various deinterlace options? If you can post a screencap it might help. Also run GSpot and see what it says about the video. Have you had problems with any other .TP files in VLC?

ishel
New Cone
New Cone

Re: .TP file minor bug

Postby ishel » 12 Apr 2010 04:44

I'm sure the problem being described here is interlacing. I have three videos from the same source, two .ts and one .tp, and all play with interlacing problems in VLC, but play without interlacing in Media Player Classic. It seems then that the problem is not inherent in the data file (the video) but has to do (sometimes at least) with an interaction between the video file and the software.

I love VLC but it's good to have the backup of MPC for times like this. I wonder if this information will be useful to VideoLan developers to work on a fix, by comparing with settings in MPC? I'm sure greater minds than mine are already working on it :lol:

I'm wondering what are the deinterlace options that might be tried, but also whether they will have any impact given that it seems to be a compatibility issue?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”