Video in works... then goes solid green.

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.

Video in works... then goes solid green.

Postby Guest » 06 Mar 2005 23:41

Any helpful suggestions?

I've got a fun problem. I open the capture device, it works perfectly for a few seconds, then the image is drawn over in solid green and the mouse gets very choppy. It even gives me a nice show, dividing the image in half on the diagonal and covering one half in solid green, then the other.

I am using a VLC media player 0.8.1, precompiled and running on windows xp, I have an NVidia Geforce FX 5600 with video in/out. (I also have a disabled NVIDGIA eforce4 MX 420 with tv-out)

little me

Postby little me » 20 Mar 2005 21:44

I also have this problem, seems to depend on the capture device but when i try similar tv-in progs (like am capture) i works perfectly. So it must be something with VLC.

It worked for a while and then for some reason it stopped working, arghhh.

Any clues?????

Specs:
VLC 0.81
WIN XP
GeForce Fx 5900 XT VTD TV IN/OUT

NZLcyclist

Ditto

Postby NZLcyclist » 26 Mar 2005 11:10

I get a completely green screen while trying to play ANY file in VLC...... and now its stuttering the audio too!

Win2k

Vers 0.8.1

Brendon

markfm
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby markfm » 26 Mar 2005 13:40

1) Make sure you have the latest DirectX from MS, plus check for the latest NVidia drivers from them.
2) Under Settings -- Preferences, -- General -- Video, try forcing the video module. Try both Directx and OpenGL, see if one works better.
3) Try a nightly build -- do a search on this forum for that phrase. VLC undergoes daily development, almost always in a positive direction (new fixes and features).

Driver issues are common If you do a search for the word nvidia you'll see quite a few posts, people having to work through getting current drivers. Once in a great while, though, it'll turn out that the latest driver actually adds the bug -- gotta love those vendors :)

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”