Pause after each track

Feature requests for VLC.
general_issimo
New Cone
New Cone

Pause after each track

Postby general_issimo » 11 Jan 2010 17:38

Hi all,
I coudn't find a way to pause playback automatically, after each track.
This would be helpful e.g. for showing short movies while each movie should be introduced by a moderator.
Best practice would be an option to set the stop-action in a playlist. So I could group movies/tracks to play one after another and set the pause whenever i need it.
Is there already a way to solve that? Otherwise, I'd suggest it as a new feature.
cheers,
gi

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Pause after each track

Postby VLC_help » 12 Jan 2010 13:40

--play-and-stop, --no-play-and-stop
Play and stop (default disabled)
Stop the playlist after each played playlist item. (default disabled)
or you can get around the problem by adding vlc://pause:9999 entries to playlist after the titles.

shane
New Cone
New Cone

Postby shane » 17 Mar 2010 00:40

Thanks VLC help. I have right clicked the playlist file and opened in notepad. I'm not sure exactly where to input your suggested code of vlc://pause:9999. Am I on the right track? I know little about coding but can take instructions. Essentially I want my playlist to automatically pause between playlist video events and wait for me to either press play or next. This way I can control when the next event starts. (I use a simple programmable footswitch which can be set to initiate shortcut key strokes).

Also, when selecting a playlist it immediately begins playing the list. I would prefer that it could be selected and then wait for 'play' instructions from me.

Thanks in advance.
Shane

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 17 Mar 2010 18:08

I have right clicked the playlist file and opened in notepad. I'm not sure exactly where to input your suggested code of vlc://pause:9999. Am I on the right track?
Yes. If it is a m3u or pls playlist, just add new lines between entries and add that to those lines. If it is a XSPF playlist, try

Code: Select all

<track> <location>vlc://pause:9999</location> <extension application="http://www.videolan.org/vlc/playlist/0"> <vlc:id>0</vlc:id> </extension> </track>
and adding the ID to extension application
Also, when selecting a playlist it immediately begins playing the list. I would prefer that it could be selected and then wait for 'play' instructions from me.
Add vlc://pause:9999 as first item.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”