Partially Downloaded Files Issue

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Nibinaear
New Cone
New Cone

Partially Downloaded Files Issue

Postby Nibinaear » 13 Feb 2010 00:23

When downloading video files I sometimes try to preview them before they are finished. This is possible with avi for example. This normally works with VLC and not WMPlayer, but almost all of the time VLC chooses to play a totally unrelated video file. For example, I ripped a dvd the other day and after I'd finished I deleted the files from the hdd. However, later on whilst downloading a video file I ran it and it started running the dvd. This is particularly strange given that the dvd was no longer on the hdd. After the file has finished downloading it usually plays the file fine.

Please could we have this bug fixed? I realise that VLC is not necessarily designed to play incomplete files but it does work sometimes so it doens't seem like much of a leap to fix the issue.

P.s. I am running VLC Media Player 1.0.5 Goldeneye. Vista Ultimate.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Partially Downloaded Files Issue

Postby VLC_help » 13 Feb 2010 18:25

Open Tools -> Messages... (set Verbosity to 2) and verify the filename VLC is playing.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”