display mp3 cover art

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
cybmole
Cone that earned his stripes

display mp3 cover art

Postby cybmole » 10 Jan 2010 12:28

I cannot get this feature to work automacically & correctly.

vlc v1.03 have chosen get art as soon as track is added in preferences, have selected full skin mode

but no art appears unless I manaully go to media infor & right lick on the VLC cone to get the album picture

then 2nd bug appears - window size of VLC is slightly too small to display album cover - it crops the pitcure unless I resisze manually. & any manually resise is lost if I close & re-open player.

are these known bugs or do I jsut need to tweak my settings ?

more info /questions - in most cases I have album art either already embedded in mp3 tags, or as a .jpg in relevent music folder. Does VLC look for either or both of these or does it build it's own album art database for tracks that it has played - if the letter, then where is it stored ?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: display mp3 cover art

Postby VLC_help » 10 Jan 2010 13:49

then 2nd bug appears - window size of VLC is slightly too small to display album cover - it crops the pitcure unless I resisze manually. & any manually resise is lost if I close & re-open player.
Could you post picture/screenshot that shows the issue?
if the letter, then where is it stored ?
It used to be %appdata%/vlc/art (I am not sure if that is still the place)

cybmole

Postby cybmole » 10 Jan 2010 15:12

Could you post picture/screenshot that shows the issue?
if the letter, then where is it stored ?
It used to be %appdata%/vlc/art (I am not sure if that is still the place)
if can I resolve bug 1 then I'll do more on this, but right now bug 1 is he showstopper - if art is only detected and stored for each invidual MP3 files, then it's a non-starter for me as I have 6000+ mp3 files.

right now I open an album folder from my MP2 master folder- then play 1 mp3 file, I have to set the art manually to see it while that track is playing as described before ( even though he art is already embedded in the mp3 tag), then when select another track in same folder, I have to set art for that track manually also - VLC apparantly does not recognise that its stil playing the same album and does not access embedded art in mp3 tags ?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 11 Jan 2010 14:01

VLC apparantly does not recognise that its stil playing the same album
VLC doesn't have concept of albums. With every new file everything in playback chain is created from scratch.

cybmole

Postby cybmole » 12 Jan 2010 09:49

VLC apparantly does not recognise that its stil playing the same album
VLC doesn't have concept of albums. With every new file everything in playback chain is created from scratch.
ok - so no albums then, but I have the album cove aer embedded into each individual MP3 file in mp3 tag ( put there with freeware mp3tag program).

so is there any way to configure VLC to auto-display that ?

It will find it immediately ( no on-line lookup) via a manual edti: i.e. if I go media info, right click find art, so VLC is able to read what's in the tag.

But I can't find a setting which will auto display it when each track is played.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 12 Jan 2010 14:05

But I can't find a setting which will auto display it when each track is played.
Have you tried VLC 1.1.0 nightly builds? It has some art fixes.

cybmole

Postby cybmole » 12 Jan 2010 14:48

Have you tried VLC 1.1.0 nightly builds? It has some art fixes.
no but if you are sugestign it's not in 1.03 but may well be in the next final realease I will wait for that - thanks.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”