quicktime issues

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
magoood
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

quicktime issues

Postby magoood » 05 Dec 2009 10:53

Hi
Before installing VLC, I used to have Real Player and k-lite codec pack + quicktime lite. I uninstalled completely Real Player because it's a CPU hog and uninstalled completely the k-lite codec pack also and I didn't touch the quicktime lite installation
Now I installed VLC and it plays all files correctly so far except that in some mov files, I find some distortions / deformations in the video which happen at some time intervals and then these distortions go away after a while and then they come back again for a while and then they go away and so on. I'm quite sure that these same files are totally OK and they play just fine in WMP12 which is a crap for me to use as my default media player. Now I'm not sure what to do to fix that issue.

Also, isn't it possible to collect a bunch of video files and save them in a playlist under a certain name of our choice? Right now, the playlist implementation of VLC takes the folder's name under which these videos are located and not allowing me to edit the title of it :( I really wished that the playlist is integrated and flexible the way it is in Windows Media Player 11 which I miss so much and which I consider to be the best player I've ever used but unfortunately, I don't have it anymore since using Windows 7 so I'm sticking to VLC

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: quicktime issues

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 05 Dec 2009 15:44

File a bug.

VLC 1.1 will have a better playlist integrated in the player... Btw, why you don't like WMP12?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

magoood
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby magoood » 05 Dec 2009 16:13

File a bug.

VLC 1.1 will have a better playlist integrated in the player... Btw, why you don't like WMP12?
Very glad that the playlist 'll be better and get integrated in the player. Is there any page on which I can read more details on this and download a preview of it?
WMP12 sucks for me and many people as well because of that famous bug which is that WMP12 starts videos in a small tiny screen size which WMP12 sticks to it every time you launch a video player via explorer and unfortunately WMP12 never want to remember your screen windows size last time you adjusted it.
Also the playlist does not show up every time you launch a video file and you have to show it yourself every time (WMP11 respects my choice of showing the playlist and it shows it to me EVERY TIME). Also the separation of the "Now Playing" window from the main WMP12 is a minus for me (again, all WMP components are well integrated in 1 window in version 11)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 05 Dec 2009 16:22

File a bug.

Very glad that the playlist 'll be better and get integrated in the player. Is there any page on which I can read more details on this and download a preview of it?
nightly builds for next week will have it.
WMP12 sucks for me and many people as well because of that famous bug which is that WMP12 starts videos in a small tiny screen size which WMP12 sticks to it every time you launch a video player via explorer and unfortunately WMP12 never want to remember your screen windows size last time you adjusted it.
What? You are kidding me!
Also the playlist does not show up every time you launch a video file and you have to show it yourself every time (WMP11 respects my choice of showing the playlist and it shows it to me EVERY TIME). Also the separation of the "Now Playing" window from the main WMP12 is a minus for me (again, all WMP components are well integrated 1 window in version 11)
I do agree on the separation of the windows that are confusing... If you are watching something, you go and see the playlist and BAM, you don't see the video anymore, and it is still playing!!!
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”