Comments and Feature Requests for 1.0.2

Feature requests for VLC.
Lady Fitzgerald
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Comments and Feature Requests for 1.0.2

Postby Lady Fitzgerald » 17 Oct 2009 21:57

I just upgraded to VLC Media Player 1.0.2 and have some comments and suggestions:

1. I love that 1.0.2, when playing audio files, no longer turns off the visualization between files. Before, when a file ended, the visualization would stop, briefly showing the desktop, then would start up again when the next file in the playlist started playing. Now, the transition from one file to the next doesn't interrupt the visualization, something I found very annoying in my previous version (0.9.9).

2. I understand a fix is in the works, but I really miss the ability to rearrange playlists.

3. One thing I loved in 0.9.9 (and has been carried over in 1.0.2) is the ability to access the playback controls while the visualization (Goom) is playing full screen just by moving the mouse. Even more was displaying the full song name at the beginning of each file. What would be really nice, though, would be to add the song name to the playback controls so, if someone wants to know what is playing mid song, one would only need to nudge the mouse. Another nice touch would be to choose beween leaving the song name on screen while the visualization is playing during the song or displaying the name at the beginning of the song only.

4. I can understand whoever wrote GOOM displaying the name of the visualization from time to time. After all, it's part of a free program. Still, it is unbelievably ANNOYING! I would be willing to pay for a plugin that would replace the free version of GOOM with one that doesn't plaster it's name on the screen periodically.

Thanks,

Jeannie

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Comments and Feature Requests for 1.0.2

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 18 Oct 2009 00:07

3. Ok

4. What exactly you don't like? I don't get it!
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Lady Fitzgerald
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Lady Fitzgerald » 18 Oct 2009 01:44

When the visualization is running, every so often it will display the name of the visualization (GOOM), zooming it in and out several times before finally fading out. Having the name pop up for a few seconds in annoying but having it zoom in and out is downright disconcerting.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 18 Oct 2009 14:16

http://www.ios-software.com/?page=projet&quoi=1&lg=AN
I think you need to modify Gooms source code for that.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”