keeping aspect ratio between file changes

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Video_freek
New Cone
New Cone

keeping aspect ratio between file changes

Postby Video_freek » 01 Aug 2009 00:53

Had a look through the forums, but could find anything that quite fits what im looking to do,
hopwfully someone will know how to do what I am trying to achive.

I want to be able to have a few tv episode's in the playlist to watch back to back, this aint a problem,
but each time the file changes, I loose my aspect ratio (16:9) and it drops back to being a normal window rather than fullscreen.
is there a way that I can set up and maintain an aspect ration and keep it full screen ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Pete

schnorginator
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: keeping aspect ratio between file changes

Postby schnorginator » 01 Aug 2009 05:19

:/ I've come to the forum for the first time today looking for an answer to this exact question. When watching 16:9 aspect ratio videos on a 16:9 second monitor full screen, the video will stay full screen even during file changes. However when watching 4:3 videos it'll return to original size on my primary monitor, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 01 Aug 2009 16:37

Video_freek: You can force default Aspect ratio from VLC settings (Tools -> Preferences... Show settings: All and Video)

schnorginator: there are certain limits to VOUT keeping so on some cases fullscreen playback cannot be kept on all video changes.

Video_freek
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Video_freek » 02 Aug 2009 02:10

That sorted it exactly as I needed, many many thanks VLC_help

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”