Video Size Issue:

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Rui
New Cone
New Cone

Video Size Issue:

Postby Rui » 28 Jul 2009 07:44

I'm not sure if the is an application problem or a skin problem, because it doesn't happen in native mode. When in skin mode the player stays video size even after it is finished playing. I like that, but I have some HD video the make all sides of the player go off screen and I can't do anything except double click to get full screen. I have found that I can right-click, choose quit and open a smaller video to get the player back to a manageable size. Even opening audio files has no effect on size. I see similar issues in the forums, but I haven't seen this exact issue mentioned. Is there some way to resize the player after playback has stopped?

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Video Size Issue:

Postby erwan10 » 28 Jul 2009 19:04

Yes, it is unfortunate that skins don't resize to default values once the video is terminated. it's a bug !

A few ideas,
- It is the skins developper's choice to let a video resize or not. In addition, resize can occur with or without boundaries (min and max). Maybe, elect a skins that behaves nicely with regard to this issue.

- if you really are fond of a particular skins that behaves badly, the last resort is to edit the skins.dtd file and switch off the autoresize parameter. (change it from "true" to "false") .That way, videos won't change size any more when playing them back whatever the skins.

Erwan10

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”