Non default soundoutput.

Feature requests for VLC.
Sortar

Non default soundoutput.

Postby Sortar » 05 Jan 2004 18:18

I have 2 soundcards in my system, is it possible in VCL to choose wich device to direct sound output to? I can't find it.

In for example Winamp I can choose to output on the soundcard that is hooked up to my stereo, It would be great if I could do that in VCL aswell so I don't have to swich cables when I want to see a movie.

tho the feature is prolly there, I just can't seem t find it.. plz help =)

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 06 Jan 2004 13:00

You should be able to set the default audio device in the Windows control panel.

Sortar

Postby Sortar » 06 Jan 2004 16:46

well, that's the finesse with it.. I want all sound to be output on the default soundcard.. like normal windows sounds. but I want vcl to output sound on the other soundcard.

Winamp has that feature, I can choose which device to output sound on.. so I choose to output winamp on the device/soudcard that is NOT standard in Windows, and I connect the choosen soundcard to the stereo.
Now I can play winamp and that sound comes in the Stereo speakers and icq mess and game sound comes out in the computer speakers.

I guess this thread should be moved to the request forum since it seems that this feature isn't present in 0.7.0.

Request: Choosable output devices

example in winamp: Options/Preferences/Plugins/Output/[Configure directSound]/Device/[Dropdown Menu for devices] Here I can choose what hardware to output sound on.

btw. Thanks alot for some superb software.

Sortar

Postby Sortar » 11 Jan 2004 15:28

You understand what Im after?
and would it be hard to implement it?

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 12 Jan 2004 10:27

Yes.
It wouldn't be very hard to do but to be honest adding this isn't very high priority on my TODO list.

Sortar

Postby Sortar » 16 Jan 2004 20:25

Yes.
It wouldn't be very hard to do but to be honest adding this isn't very high priority on my TODO list.
Ok, good to know it atleast is ON your todo list now =)

Sortar

Postby Sortar » 24 Feb 2004 22:59

Re-requesting.
I still feel that this would be a usable feature, many people has a good soundcard in a PCI-slot plus one sounddevice built on the Motherboard, and most people never use the one on the Motherboard. This feature would let you use the Mb sound output completely dedicated to the VLC sound output if it was an available feature in VLC.

Im pretty sure that I wouldn't be the onlyone who would use this feature if it was available in VLC. Check your own computer, you probably have 2 sound devices also just like me, why not use em both?

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”