DSM-520 HOW TO

All you've ever wanted to know about VLMa.
Forum rules
This forum is not about VLM usage. Please read the rules post for more information.
xtal
New Cone
New Cone

DSM-520 HOW TO

Postby xtal » 01 Jun 2009 16:08

This may not be the proper form for this, but ?

Does anybody have a working solution using VLC or VLM to stream [VOB] to a DSM-520....
if so could you share your set up.....
I have a lot of VHS tapes I have converted to DVD format [ VOB files ] and want to
stream these to my new DLINK DSM-520.....
I have TVersity working, but am not satisfied ...

Harry88
New Cone
New Cone

Re: DSM-520 HOW TO

Postby Harry88 » 14 Dec 2009 09:10

I am interested in this too. Can you please drop me a pm if you found a solution about this matter, thanks.

marki
New Cone
New Cone

Postby marki » 13 Jan 2010 23:11

I think there is no way. But interested if there is a solution.

sulli
New Cone
New Cone
Operating System: Linux

Postby sulli » 20 May 2012 12:02

I think its imposible...But Here are some more fiddly bits from my experimenting on the DSM-520 v1.05 firmware.

The user name created by the MediaMall installer is MMT1. If you reinstall without clearing out all the leftovers (such as removing the MMT1 user from the control panel manually), it will create MMT2 and so on. The password for this account appears to be more than 14 letters and could not be extracted via a rainbow table tool in reasonable time. This means the password is difficult to hack, so the MMTx accounts should be reasonably safe. This still means the Active-TV software is making rather substantial changes to your system. These are the kind of changes that are not necessary for 99% of the software you use.

Active-TV seems very sensitive to wireless network problems. It drops connection at the most random times, even under light load such as 64kbit audio streams.

QuickTime video doesn't work consistently. One of the feed readers provided with the v1.05 firmware will download but not play mp4 files directly, and the Active-TV application does not support QuickTime MOV files at all, so far as I could tell.

My extensive griping about the paid Live365 features being broken in the previous 2 firmwares has apparently fallen on deaf ears at D-Link support. Even the new Active-TV version of the Live365 player throws an error--but at least FINALLY it will retrieve presets created in the Live365 account.

Still more to come...

Return to “VideoLAN Manager (VLMa)”