Issue with multiplexing network trasnport streems

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
Skinnersplace
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Issue with multiplexing network trasnport streems

Postby Skinnersplace » 27 May 2009 17:25

Hi All,

I have been working on a vlm based multiplexer to mux 9 TS taken form udp sources.
I have a test configuration which streams a recording of one of my 9 sources transparently to each of the 9 UDP ports as dummy inputs.

When I do this my mux works fine, however when I test with the live sources the mux can not handle more than 3 inputs.
I dont htink it is the processor becuase I run both the mux and the test bewd on the same machine and it appears to work.

The only weird thing I can see is that the PCR pid for the mux stream takes on the same id as one of the video pids (usually the last in the mux), but all streams play and record fine.
I think I may need to set the PCR value to account for the fact that the streams are synced to an external 27MHz source rather than the PC's internal oscillator, the wiki says that the value should be less than 100 ms, but I don’t seam to be able to set it up right.

Anyone got any ideas ?

thannoy
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 0.9.8a & 1.0-git
Operating System: GNU/Linux Fedora10

Re: Issue with multiplexing network trasnport streems

Postby thannoy » 04 Jun 2009 15:05

Please, create only one topic for each problem, in the category you think more accurate. Duplicating topics just spread out answers.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59790

Skinnersplace
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Issue with multiplexing network trasnport streems

Postby Skinnersplace » 20 Jun 2009 15:07

Appologies,

Didnt really know which topic best covered te issue, and had no luck in one, so tried the other.

does anyone have any sugestions as to why I can mux 9 copies of the same file perfectly from my hard drive, but not when recieving asi streams over a network ?

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”