(full screen) Control-panel disappeared??

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
peruca
New Cone
New Cone

Re: (full screen) Control-panel disappeared??

Postby peruca » 13 May 2009 22:12

I just tried vlc-1.0.0-rc1-20090513-0005-win32, the control bar in full screen is back but every time you click anywhere on it, if your windows taskbar is set to auto-hide it will come up until you click outside the control bar.
Thanks.

peruca
New Cone
New Cone

Postby peruca » 13 May 2009 22:32

Something else: if you exit full screen twice, when you come back to full screen the control bar is gone.

Update: it doesn't happen when I change the screen size by using the contextual menu, only when I double click on the screen to swap from full to normal size.

So the sequence is going by double click: normal-full-normal-full-normal-full and there the control panel is gone.

bartje
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby bartje » 13 May 2009 22:52

Use 1.0.0-rc1, where this is fixed.
Looks like it works for me :D
unfortunately, I'm switching back to version 0.9.9 because some other bug i discoverd

peruca
New Cone
New Cone

Postby peruca » 03 Jun 2009 19:54

Is this any difficult to fix? I just tried RC2 and still has the bug.
if you exit full screen twice, when you come back to full screen the control bar is gone.

Update: it doesn't happen when I change the screen size by using the contextual menu, only when I double click on the screen to swap from full to normal size.

So the sequence is going by double click: normal-full-normal-full-normal-full and there the control panel is gone.
Thanks.

giantbean
New Cone
New Cone

Postby giantbean » 10 Apr 2015 18:57

Any fix for this in version 2.2.0 on Windows 7 with multiple screen set up? It is a networked PC with multiple user accounts the VLC folder has been removed from all users appdata and admin, it has been deleted and reinstalled multiple times. All VLC processes cleared and all files removed to the point that a VLC search in explorer finds nothing and then reinstalled again and nothing works.. I can not find a vlc-qt-interface.ini file anywhere. (Hidden files and files and folders are visible) It seems the interface is opening off screen but really I don't even know if the interface is off screen as I don't get a VLC icon in the windows toolbar to tell me if the app even opened. I don't know where to go to fix the pos=@Point setting if I can't find the needed file?

Any ideas?

Edit: I installed 2.2.0 for 32 bit before I removed that and got the 64 bit version and it is working now.

MaximilianKohler
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MaximilianKohler » 23 Mar 2017 22:41

Editing the ini doesn't work for me.

It looks like something is causing a problem in the vlcrc file. The following line gets automatically commented out no matter what I do:

# Show a controller in fullscreen mode (boolean)
#qt-fs-controller=1

I figured out it's because of some faulty characters being put at the top of the file:

###
### vlc 2.2.4

If I delete those first few characters so that it's:

###
### vlc 2.2.4

Then it works.

Those 3 characters keep showing up though. VLC devs: any idea why?

They randomly show up (but not at first) even after deleting the whole \AppData\Roaming\vlc folder.

Ehh, I dunno this is weird. Sometimes those characters & commented out line don't seem to have any impact. I just switched from "Direct 3d video output" to "OpenGL output" and that caused the fullscreen controller to disappear again. Got everything working currently by using Direct 3d video output.

Now when editing my comment I get this error:

"Information

No route found for "GET /posting.php"
"

When I try to log in with a different browser I get: "No route found for "GET /ucp.php""

MaximilianKohler
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MaximilianKohler » 25 Mar 2017 06:41

Can't edit my post anymore. The 3 odd characters in the beginning have to do with the program used to open vlcrc. When using notepad or notepad++ they don't show up. When using a word processor like Atlantis Word Processor they show up.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 25 Mar 2017 10:49

MaximilianKohler
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MaximilianKohler » 25 Mar 2017 17:23

Yeah that solution was posted previously. But I've customized a lot of things to where I save my vlcrc & ini files for backup. So I was looking for a way to fix it while preserving all the settings I've customized. I was able to do that as well.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 26 Mar 2017 13:46

Yeah that solution was posted previously. But I've customized a lot of things to where I save my vlcrc & ini files for backup. So I was looking for a way to fix it while preserving all the settings I've customized.
Open vlc-qt-interface.ini from %APPDATA%\vlc folder, then scroll down to the [FullScreen] section.
Then edit the variable pos to something like that: pos=@Point(20 20)
Save the file.
Next time you'll enter fullscreen on VLC the controller should be located in the top left corner and you'll be able to move it.

MaximilianKohler
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MaximilianKohler » 26 Mar 2017 17:00

Thanks for your help, but I read through the thread before posting. You're reposting previous suggestions I already read and tried.

Anyway, like I said before, I already fixed it.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”