Transparent controls

Feature requests for VLC.
kilowatt@charter.net
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Transparent controls

Postby kilowatt@charter.net » 04 May 2009 04:01

I play lots of vids full screen on my HDTV. It would be nice if the player stayed full screen, and had transparent controls appear if the mouse were moved.

It would also be nice to be able to add control buttons on the player. I wish I had a button to rewind x seconds.

Also, in the newest version, you can not drag and drop to a video playing full screen on dual monitors.
Windoze XP

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Transparent controls

Postby VLC_help » 04 May 2009 17:31

It would be nice if the player stayed full screen, and had transparent controls appear if the mouse were moved.
So you would want option for fullscreen controller to be transparent?

kilowatt@charter.net
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby kilowatt@charter.net » 07 May 2009 02:11

Yeah. They would be transparent until the mouse moved. The control buttons would pop up on the picture itself, like the volume control does.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 07 May 2009 17:33

There is already OSD controller (called OSD Menu) if you want the control elements to be merged to the video.

kilowatt@charter.net
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby kilowatt@charter.net » 14 May 2009 22:40

There is already OSD controller (called OSD Menu) if you want the control elements to be merged to the video.
Could you please explain how to use OSD Menu?
Google search shows,,..osdmenu.exe is a process bundled with Creative audio hardware. It allows use of Soundblaster remote by initiating the On-Screen Display. "This program is a non-essential system process, and is installed for ease of use.\r"

How would I go about adding this to my machne?

Thanks

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 15 May 2009 17:31

I meant VLC OSD controller. You can enable it from Tools -> Preferences... (Show settings: All) Video -> Subtitles/OSD and tick On Screen Display menu. You can config it via Video -> Subtitles/OSD -> OSD menu

kilowatt@charter.net
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby kilowatt@charter.net » 17 May 2009 05:12

I meant VLC OSD controller. You can enable it from Tools -> Preferences... (Show settings: All) Video -> Subtitles/OSD and tick On Screen Display menu. You can config it via Video -> Subtitles/OSD -> OSD menu
Thank you

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”