Command Line selection of audio track/subtitles from .OGM?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
CN

Command Line selection of audio track/subtitles from .OGM?

Postby CN » 28 Nov 2004 21:24

Greetings all, I'm using VLC 0.8.1 on WinXP with the usual wxwindows interface to play .ogm files with dual audio and subtitle tracks. I can select these just fine from the the Audio-->Audio Track and Video-->Subtitles Track menus and everything will work fine, but I would like to know how to specify these selections on a command line. The --audio-channel and --spu-channel options seemed promising, but the HOWTO says they're only for selecting DVD audio tracks and subtitles. Any help appreciated!

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 28 Nov 2004 23:18

they should work for ogm as well. I think for ogm the number expected is just simply the track number from the menu.

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2004 02:06

Hmmmmm...... Whenever I try to use either --audio-channel or --spu-channel, the corresponding menu option is set to "Disable" and so I get nothing! :(

Landslide

Postby Landslide » 09 Jul 2005 23:30

I hope this gets bumped all the way to the top since i'm also looking for a good way of getting VLC to choose the correct languages in audio/subtitles by default.
Anyone who can shed some light on this?

Landslide

Postby Landslide » 09 Jul 2005 23:52

Ok, after a lot of re-reading the first post and the help-document i managed to get everything as it should be.
I just noted that VLC reads the tracks as track1 = 0, track2 = 1 etc.

But now i've encountered yet another problem...
I now have a subtitle over the subtitle sort of, and it stays put always.
All it's saying is "<A square>is". It's an actual square.
But the subtitles are playing just fine in the background.
I've encountered this a few times when fast-forwarding and rewinding but it's usually fixed by restarting VLC.

Anyone know what to do?

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”