Little problem with new version

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Light
New Cone
New Cone

Little problem with new version

Postby Light » 18 Jan 2009 21:14

Hi all!

Just registered cause of a small problem with version 0.98.
The setting is that the window of the video is not embedded in the interface,both separate.
So in fullscreen,till now it works to let the interface appear when going to one of the borders with the cursor,but not in this version anymore.
I´ve activated the option to show the interface with mouse,and also the mousegestures (don´t know if it´s the right word in english,and if it matter at all).

Don´t know if i just forgot an option or whatelse the problem could be,so can anyone help me out please?
(Hopefully you understand the problem,can´t explain it better with my poor english)

Thanks in advance!

Light

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Little problem with new version

Postby VLC_help » 20 Jan 2009 18:39

Remove %appdata%\vlc if you cannot see full screen controller. And it is separate from embedded interface.

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 21 Jan 2009 12:25

Thanks for your answer,but I tried this before,and it didn´t help.It was also a complete new installation,no upgrade of the older version.When I switch to embedded video,there is no problem,an interface appears as soon as I move the mouse?!

Any further ideas?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 21 Jan 2009 18:23

And you run single monitor setup?

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 22 Jan 2009 16:04

Yes,I do.
But it seems that it wont´t work with any version since 0.9*.I tested the one I had before again,0.86,just in case that im hallucinating or something :mrgreen: ,it works fine.Then 0.92 and 0.96,both didn´t work.

Any idea??
I would go back to the older version,but there were some other problems with this one,therefore the update.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 22 Jan 2009 19:16

0.8.6 didn't have full screen controller. So you must mean something else, could give screenshot?

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 22 Jan 2009 19:31

Yeah,then we´re talking from something different.I mean the normal controlinterface:
http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/ ... lage01.jpg

This one appears in fullscreen (in the old version),when I move the mouse to the left or right side,so I can operate with it without leaving the fullscreen.
Or could you explain me the fullscreen-controller,maybe it is good too.How to use it?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 22 Jan 2009 23:05

Ok, please be sure to uninstall VLC, redownload VLC 0.9.8a from OUR main server and delete preferences and cache during installation.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 23 Jan 2009 00:33

Thanks for your answer also,but this is exactly the way I do and did every time.I download from this site,uninstall before reinstall and also delete the preference-folder manually (+ check the button to delete preferences).
So it´s always an absolute clean version.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 23 Jan 2009 00:56

"The setting is that the window of the video is not embedded in the interface,both separate." You cannot have fullscreen controller with that option.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 23 Jan 2009 01:23

I don´t know if the fullscreen-controller really is the thing I mean.
Look: http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/ ... lage01.jpg

This is a video in fullscreen (the printscreen can´t do it so well,so it´s only black).But the controlinterface is in front of it,while it is fullscreen.This is the older version,0.86,and for this,I cheched the button "show interface with mouse" in the menuoption "interface",and also unchech the option to integrate the video into the interface,in the menuoption interface>head(?)interface>wxwidgets.

As I say,it works fine;and in the new versions,the options are all the same (on different places),but it don´t work anymore.
So do you understand what I mean?

Clepto
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Clepto » 23 Jan 2009 08:06

Let me see if I can clarify... cause I have the same problem as you but you are not articulating it clearly.

On full-screen mode the interface that allows you to control the video play in fullscreen mode disappears for random reasons.
First time it happen to me it was when I connected my PC to my 52 inch plasma screen so on dual monitors(per say) the bug or unsupported dual monitor feature.
Second time it happened was during my installation of video drivers which I dont UNDERSTAND. I went into full-screen and the full-screen controller was no longer there.

The only solution that I found was to re-install the entire vlc to resolve the problem.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 23 Jan 2009 22:12

I don´t know if the fullscreen-controller really is the thing I mean.
Nope. Full screen controller looks like

And if you lose full screen controller, close VLC, then open %appdata%\vlc folder and edit vlc-qt-interface.ini with text editor and remove lines

Code: Select all

[FullScreen] pos=@Point(660 1138)
numbers inside @Point() can be anything

and start VLC again.

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 23 Jan 2009 23:24

Ah,this one.This works,but only when I use the embedded videointerface,and I won´t do that.As he said:
"The setting is that the window of the video is not embedded in the interface,both separate." You cannot have fullscreen controller with that option.
So it seems this don´t work with my option.
I tried editing the ini although,but no effect.

But this controller wasn´t the one I meant primary,I want that the normal interface appears in fullscreen when I move the mouse to one of the corners.I don´t know how to explain this better,but it works fine with the old version and not with the new ones anymore.Maybe I take a few more pics later to make it more clear,no time at the moment.

alkec
New Cone
New Cone

Postby alkec » 24 Jan 2009 00:18

@Light:
I haven't encountered that what you are describing, but if I understand correctly, you might be interested in trying a different VLC fullscreen approach already implemented.
When you play the video and press F11 (or access the Tools->Fullscreen Interface option) you should get a fullscreen interface displaying all the buttons on the bottom and the menu on top, just like you're used to from the regular windowed interface.

Light
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Light » 24 Jan 2009 02:47

Thanks,but this doesn´t look very comfortable to me.First ,I can´t switch to it during fullscreen,F11 shows no effect.I have to minimize and maximize,and thats the thing I want to avoid.Also this interface then is on top of other things,which I don´t like.

But I took a few more screens to make (hopefully) clear,what I mean.This is with the older version 0.86.
First the options (unfortunately they´re in german,but you should see,what I mean):
Screen one
Screen two

Then it looks like this:
Screen three

And now in fullscreen you can do this:
Screen four

And when you´re finished:
Screen five

So do you understand now?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”