I am trying to compile VLC under red Hat Linux (shrike) OS.

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
pisorce
New Cone
New Cone

I am trying to compile VLC under red Hat Linux (shrike) OS.

Postby pisorce » 23 Nov 2004 18:22

When I am trying to build VLC I have the following errors.
May be I have to reduce the decoders setting.
Today I use the command line :
./configure --enable-wxwindows --disable-skins2

and after I run the command line :
make

g++ -Wsign-compare -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -o vlc src/vlc-vlc.o lib/libvlc.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_rgb_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi422_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_ymga_mmx.a ./modules/video_chroma/libi420_yuy2_mmx.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpymmxext.a ./modules/misc/memcpy/libmemcpy3dn.a ./modules/demux/libmkv.a ./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a -L/usr/local/lib -lrt -lpthread -ldl -lm -lz -lmatroska -lebml -lavcodec -lm
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-video_filter.o)(.text+0x16b): In function `OpenFilter__ffmpeg':
: référence indéfinie vers « avpicture_alloc »
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-video_filter.o)(.text+0x9a5): In function `CloseFilter__ffmpeg':
: référence indéfinie vers « avpicture_free »
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-chroma.o)(.text+0x17d): In function `OpenChroma__ffmpeg':
: référence indéfinie vers « avpicture_alloc »
./modules/codec/ffmpeg/libffmpeg.a(libffmpeg_a-chroma.o)(.text+0x4dd): In function `CloseChroma__ffmpeg':
: référence indéfinie vers « avpicture_free »
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make[2]: *** [vlc] Erreur 1
make[2]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/VideoLAN/vlc/download/vlc-0.8.1'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/VideoLAN/vlc/download/vlc-0.8.1'
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

clock_zhong
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

It's a problem about the FFMPEG!

Postby clock_zhong » 24 Nov 2004 09:16

If you don't want the ffmpeg support, you can try --disable-ffmpeg(default is enable)
If you want to use ffmpeg support, you can build newest ffmpeg lib and install them, and you need --enable-pp and --enable-gpl when you build ffmpeg!

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”