I Don't Know What I Am Doing!!

Just have a drink and chat
djd616
New Cone
New Cone

I Don't Know What I Am Doing!!

Postby djd616 » 08 Dec 2008 02:12

Hello,
I am quite new at this and as you can see, don't know what I am doing. At the moment, all I want to be able to do is hook my laptop somehow to my tv to be able to record tv programming. :? Can anybody save me from pulling the hair out of my head or throwing my laptop out the window?? :(

RamonFHerrera
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: I Don't Know What I Am Doing!!

Postby RamonFHerrera » 09 Dec 2008 05:30

I seems that you need some hardware (a card) between the regular TV signals and your computer.

You should begin by checking the connectors available. Check your TV and the coaxial cable provided by your cable company.

Can you plug anything from the TV space into the computer space? Do you see a coaxial (or RCA jacks) connector in the back of your laptop?
Does your TV have a VGA connector?

-Ramon

westmdflounder
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby westmdflounder » 31 Dec 2008 14:14

Buy a usb video capture device. Most come with easy to use software and they don't cost much money. However, as far as the quality of the video, you often get what you pay for.

cheapo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cheapo » 13 Jan 2009 11:38

LOL!!
I clicked on your thread because you sounded like me! I have no clue either! :lol:
But I do know that you will need masses of memory to save TV programmes.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 15 Jan 2009 03:07

LOL!!
I clicked on your thread because you sounded like me! I have no clue either! :lol:
But I do know that you will need masses of memory to save TV programmes.
Not so much memory as djd616 would need hard drive space, besides, those are fairly cheap now, like $80-130 for a 500GBs or, if there's a sale, that same price range for a 1TB.

Return to “Coffee Corner”