Strange-coloured bars on picture!!! HELP, PLEASE!!!

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Linkerman
New Cone
New Cone

Strange-coloured bars on picture!!! HELP, PLEASE!!!

Postby Linkerman » 12 Jan 2007 23:09

Hi! I have installed VLC Media Player 0.8.6a in both my computers.
My laptop is an Acer TravelMate 4002WLMi, 512MB RAM, Windows XP Home, Centrino 1.6GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 64MB, screen resolution 1280x800.
My desktop is a Compaq Presario 6000, 256MB RAM, Windows XP Home, Athlon AMD 2.3GHz, Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420, screen resolution 1024x786.
On the desktop, ALL my "*.flv" files are played correctly by VLC Media Player, while on my laptop SOME of them have a blue and yellow flickering bar in the center of the picture (using the "Transform" Video filter, the bar disappears, if the picture is rotated 90º, but the bar is still there at 180º). I already completely uninstalled and re-installed VLC 0.8.6a on both computers, and reset the configurations. My laptop continues to have the bar in some of the files, while the desktop plays them nicely and well. I also tried to play them with my laptop screen resolution set to 1024x768, but the problem remains. What can I do? HELP ME, PLEASE!!!

Tappen
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Tappen » 13 Jan 2007 02:57

Sure sounds like a video driver and/or directx driver problem on your laptop. Is it possible to update these?

Linkerman
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Linkerman » 13 Jan 2007 22:52

Both the direct x and graphic card's drivers are updated... Using the "FLV Player", a free FLV-specific player that i found, the files are displayed correctly!!! But i like VLC Media Player more...! The picture is better in fullscreen with VLC, and i always used it without problems... This is the first problem i ever found... What bothers me, is that only SOME of the "*.flv" files have that problem, and using the "View -> Stream and Media Info..." menu, ALL of them files use the same codec...

boernworst
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Strange-coloured bars on picture!!! HELP, PLEASE!!!

Postby boernworst » 04 Jan 2009 00:20

I have exactly the same problem. On VLC i have a blue/yellow flickering bar, the other players i tried just have the blue color layer shifted.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Strange-coloured bars on picture!!! HELP, PLEASE!!!

Postby VLC_help » 04 Jan 2009 16:31

boernworst: disable overlay, or update your video card drivers.
http://wiki.videolan.org/WindowsFAQ-0.9 ... _output.3F

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”