0.9.8a: VKC starts with 3 screens :S

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
kingtubby
New Cone
New Cone

0.9.8a: VKC starts with 3 screens :S

Postby kingtubby » 24 Dec 2008 23:38

Running the current VLC release on my Dell D610 Laptop (Intel Onboard Grafics)

As I start VLC I often get 3 different screens. Screen #1 is a downsized control panel, #2 the actual video and screen #3 is usually blank (black or white).
From time to time I get only 2 screens. #1 the control panel in fullsize but w/o any video-output, screen #2 contains the video (but has no controls attached to it.)
Haven't figured out yet under which circumstances I get the 3 or 2 screen version :D

Thsi way the even the fullscreen mode is pretty much useless to me, because it never returns back again correctly into windowed mode by hitting F. Some weird things happening, like pushing the empty screen to the foreground overlaying the actuall videoscreen, urgh. xD

Usually I start VLC with the default settings, tried to fix the issue by playing arround with all these available video options, though.

Now, I would simply expect a single screens that contains the video and has the controls attached to it and would work in fullscreen.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

KT

kingtubby
New Cone
New Cone

Re: 0.9.8a: VKC starts with 3 screens :S

Postby kingtubby » 24 Dec 2008 23:40

Sorry for the typo in the title. I meant VLC starts... KT

Bell®
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Bell® » 25 Dec 2008 00:19

Hello, I have a similar problem. Can I make a full-screen mode only for the selected monitor me? explain, I have 3 monitors, 2 - workers and 1 - TV, I want to be that when you turn on fullscreen mode image play on TV. value intergate video in interface does not help, as well as with play list, fullscreen video back to the primary monitor. are you asking realizes that support.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 25 Dec 2008 20:09

If you have problems with default settings (like stuff that shouldn't be there), then delete %appdata%\vlc folder.

0.9.8a fullscreen always goes to primary monitor if GUI is integrated to video windows. This hopefully will be fixed in next release.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”