Cannot get :duplicate to work on Windows

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ChrisHolmesOnline
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Cannot get :duplicate to work on Windows

Postby ChrisHolmesOnline » 17 Dec 2008 18:16

VideoLAN Version: 0.8.6i

I am transcoding a stream from a DirectShow Video Capture Device (Osprey-450). I can transcode & multicast just fine, and see the multicast on other PC's on our network. But I would like to be able to see the output on the server as it is streaming. So, I tried to utilize duplicate, but it is not working. My command-line syntax is this:

My normal multicast command-line looks like this, and it works:

Code: Select all

vlc –vvv -–ttl=12 dshow:// :dshow-vdev=”Osprey-450 Video Device 1C” :dshow-adev=”Osprey-450 Audio Device 1C” :dshow-caching=800 size=”vga” –sout=”#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=4096,scale=1,acodec=mpga, ab=64,channels=2,audio-sync}:std{access=udp, mux=ts, dst=239.255.12.42:1234}}”
When I try to use duplicate, my command-line looks like this, and this does not work:

Code: Select all

vlc –vvv -–ttl=12 dshow:// :dshow-vdev=”Osprey-450 Video Device 1C” :dshow-adev=”Osprey-450 Audio Device 1C” :dshow-caching=800 size=”vga” –sout=”#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=4096,scale=1,acodec=mpga, ab=64,channels=2,audio-sync}:duplicate{dst=display, dst=std{access=udp, mux=ts, dst=239.255.12.42:1234}}”
Problem: This displays to the screen, but does not perform the multicast.

I have tried removing the double-quotes from the --sout command, but on a Windows machine this does not work. There has to be something wrong with my syntax. I hope someone can point me to a correction.

Thanks,

-Chris

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Cannot get :duplicate to work on Windows

Postby VLC_help » 17 Dec 2008 22:16

You really have to see the stream? Does removing dst=display, help?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”