0.9.4 / 0.9.5 playlists/files don't work.

macOS specific usage questions
cde
New Cone
New Cone

0.9.4 / 0.9.5 playlists/files don't work.

Postby cde » 28 Oct 2008 05:39

I can't figure out how this is so screwy. If I add a folder to the playlist window, either by dragging it to the VLC dock icon, through the open file menu, or directly dragging it into the playlist window, the folder gets treated so weirdly. If I click on a file in the folder (Mp3), VLC starts acting like that folder is the only playlist item available, so only those 12 tracks get played. It won't move from the last track in that folder to the first song in the next folder, even if I hit the next track button or hotkey.

Yet, if I add an mp3 directly to the playlist, and click on it and then vlc thinks all songs are part of the playlist, regardless if they are in a folder. Hitting prev or next works like expected. But if I go and click on a song inside the folder in the playlist, it stops working again. Wtf.

vlc 0.9.4 ppc. OSX 10.4.11

---
Edit: Same thing on 0.9.5

FineOggBoy
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: 0.9.4 / 0.9.5 playlists/files don't work.

Postby FineOggBoy » 21 Nov 2008 00:51

I have a G4 imac 10.4 VLC 9.6 and having the same problem. There must be a non-existent font issue, I hope. None of the Discovery Services work/show up, either.

The no video problem, I first had, was resolved by resetting the preferences defaults.
A Solar Day Not Used Is a Energy Source Wasted.
How much solar have you used today?

komabass
New Cone
New Cone

Postby komabass » 09 Dec 2008 23:45

I'm having the same problem... Just upgraded VLC to 9.6 on my g4 mac 10.4.11. VLC is playing the songs in the order I opened them, but they won't appear in the playlist. And sometimes it suddenly stops...I mean the whole app. stops showing an error...
please help...

KMB

is there a way to downgrade??? I would like it more, than always guessing the next song...

Krizata
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Krizata » 11 Dec 2008 04:55

I got the new 0.9.6 and the video it's so choppy I went back to 0.8.6, but when I did, the playlist started acting up. I got it working when i got 0.8.6f. Than it disappeared again. I've tried all 0.8.5 and up but none of them work.

Could it be one of the plugins for 0.9.6? If it is how to get rid of it?

Please help or give ideas about good A/V software with good subtitle capabilities (Cyrillic specifically).

Just tried something that worked. Here is the write up:

1. I got a new image and mounted it
2. Copied all the files to a folder i called "VLC" in my APPS folder
3. One of the files copied is called "Delete_Preferences". It's a script that deletes the preferences from the registry
4. Opened the file and followed the directions and the playlist was working again. even the subtitles are working

I hope this will solve the problem, but if it does not at least I know how to reset it.

I hope this helps

komabass
New Cone
New Cone

Postby komabass » 11 Dec 2008 19:52

Thanks a lot!
I realised, that I can simply "uninstall" the 9.6 and mount the older, 8.6i, wich I had before. That works now, but thanx anyway.

FineOggBoy
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby FineOggBoy » 13 Dec 2008 02:40

Down loaded 0.9.8 and deleted preferances before starting the first time, seams to work ok on my g4 imac 10.4.11
only wished apple had built in usb 2 and bt 1.2, either upgradeable, boy is my overpriced computer getting 'old'.
A Solar Day Not Used Is a Energy Source Wasted.
How much solar have you used today?

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”